Sfl away ticket distribution

In the case of a small ticket allocation for SFL away games should the ballot:  

18 members have voted

1. 1. In the case of a small ticket allocation for SFL away games should the ballot:

• be restricted in the first instance to those who have already bought an away ticket
    • be restricted in the first instance to those who have been unsuccessful in previous ballots
    • or should there be a completely open ballot amongst all season ticket holders
    • some other method of distribution (please specify in your reply)

Results from the main site:

1250 hits/views, but only 56 votes entered which were as follows -

37 (66.1%) voted: Be a completely open ballot amongst all season ticket holders

10 (17.9%) voted: Be restricted in the first instance to those who have already bought an away ticket

8 (14.3%) voted: Be restricted in the first instance to those who have been unsuccessful in previous ballots

1 (1.8%) voted: Other .... but did not specify what (not that it matters).

Given that I wrongly voted for "Be restricted in the first instance to those who have already bought an away ticket" when I meant (and had voted first time around for) "Be restricted in the first instance to those who have been unsuccessful in previous ballots" that would mean 9 votes (16%) for each of those options.

Odd that no one voted for "Be restricted in the first instance to those who have already bought an away ticket" in the first ballot but it got 16% of the votes second time around and "Be a completely open ballot amongst all season ticket holders" got just over 20% first time and 2/3rds second time.

However, I would accept that the second ballot has more validity.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Not a great sample to judge anything on when there's only 56 votes on the main site poll and 13 votes on here.

I would suggest for future polls that you keep it short and sweet instead of writing an extensive explanation and background history. After all, the point of a poll is to gather information, not give it out....

I have done some polls on that basis in the past, if you remember I did several one night. I recall someone saying I was "on a roll".

I think the background was important this time and it was really what I wanted to get out but perhaps I fell between two stools.

On the other hand it is possible that the low turnout simply means that only a small percentage of fans go to away games (which is certainly true this season). According to your figures, 4.5% of those who read the article voted in the poll and that's actually twice the percentage of fans who were at Forres compared with the last home game!

I have done some polls on that basis in the past, if you remember I did several one night. I recall someone saying I was "on a roll".

I think the background was important this time and it was really what I wanted to get out but perhaps I fell between two stools.

On the other hand it is possible that the low turnout simply means that only a small percentage of fans go to away games (which is certainly true this season). According to your figures, 4.5% of those who read the article voted in the poll and that's actually twice the percentage of fans who were at Forres compared with the last home game!

Whatever way you look at it BH, there does appear to be a clear winner in the poll at the moment, but with the relatively small number of votes it's also very difficult to judge whether those votes genuinely represent the opinions of our away support. I'd suggest that a sample of <100 from several thousand away supporters is not a particularly good sample, but that's just an opinon!

Whatever way you look at it BH, there does appear to be a clear winner in the poll at the moment, but with the relatively small number of votes it's also very difficult to judge whether those votes genuinely represent the opinions of our away support. I'd suggest that a sample of <100 from several thousand away supporters is not a particularly good sample, but that's just an opinon!

I can't argue that it's a clear result although as you say it's a small sample and we don't know if all those voting are "away" fans, though it would seem unlikely that you would vote if you were not.

As to whether or not 56 out of 1,000-2,000 is a valid sample, I'm not qualified to judge; but 2.5% to 5.0% might be and I'm told that once you get past a certain level, poll results (like baseball scores) tend to repeat.

I'd say it's an indication; probably nothing more.

Of course Rangers could do it properly if they chose to run a poll themselves rather than take the opinion of one unrepresentaive group, which both polls show represent at the very best a minority position.

Message from BH, who can't access the site at the moment:

Tell the guys that I have been advised that the old away scheme is being reinstated for the rest of the season and there will be an email with a form out today from the Ticket Office. Thank everyone who commented and voted in this poll.

BH

CHANGE to method of allocation and distribution of away tickets.

As a consequence of the 12/13 season ticket renewal process being completed in a very short space of time there was a change in the method away tickets were distributed. We have closely monitored this situation in conjunction with fan groups, which has led us to the decision to reintroduce the Away Ticket Continuous Credit Card Scheme to assist with the allocation and distribution of away tickets.

The scheme will allow season ticket holders to apply for all remaining away matches for Season 2012/13. If you wish to join the scheme please print the form here and return to Rangers Ticket Centre, 150 Edmiston Drive, Ibrox Stadium, Glasgow, G51 2XD before Monday 15 October.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/club-news/item/2360-away-ticket-information