Slightly concerned about feedback from Green's NI trip

The media certainly do love an opportunity to snipe. Bringing out an Orange top with no reason such as the Dutch connection would make us sitting ducks.

Nothing could be worse than what has gone on these last few months so frankly I really don't care anymore.

Just saw the details from Charles Green's trip to NI and there are a few questions that I find slightly concerning. For example...

Q3: Would Rangers consider bringing out an Orange Top ?

C.G: "Yes' date=' they have a number of designs and are coming near agreement with Adidas"[/b']

As much as I understand Rangers derive many fans from NI and most of them are from a Protestant persuasion, I feel that an orange strip would be a direct reference to the Orange Order. I also feel it panders to a certain section of our fans and in turn alienates others and I would find that very dissapointing. What has orange got to do with Rangers FOOTBALL club? Why not stick to our footballing roots and have a white strip with blue star or a black and red strip? I know Charles Green is here to make cash from Rangers but I for one would be very dissapointed if he went down this road

Q5: Would Rangers Consider flying the 4 Home Nations Flags alongside the Flags already above Ibrox ?

C.G "I dont see why Not as the contribution and dedication of Rangers Fans throughout the U.K and the world is second to none and should be recognised"

Once again, as much as I realise that we draw fans from all over the UK and indeed the world, we are ultimately a Scottish club. We have won Scottish titles and cups. We have respresented Scotland in European competitions. We have always been based in Glasgow, Scotlands biggest city. WTF does the flags of NI, England and Wales have to do with Rangers?

Maybe what I'm getting at is that these guys who profess to love Rangers had a chance to ask CG questions and they choose to ask stuff about Orange strips and getting the flags of the Union flying over Glasgow. FFS is that really important?

Ok tin hat time...I am sorry but Rangers are MY FOOTBALL team. I was brought up in Govan and they will always be my team forever but I genuinely wish these guys would stick to supporting Linfield or a team in NI if they want to use their football as a vehicle for their religious/political beliefs. Or if you want to support Rangers, please just do that.

I have to say that I will seriosuly consider going back to Ibrox if they bring out another orange strip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnwqTsy_A_8&NR=1&feature=endscreen

the usual self-interest points from Ulster.

I agree, we really don't need to do anything for supporters in one region, why is Ulster more important than say Ayrshire? Rangers should stay true to Rangers no matter where the fans come from.

I agree, we really don't need to do anything for supporters in one region, why is Ulster more important than say Ayrshire? Rangers should stay true to Rangers no matter where the fans come from.

Stay true to Rangers? What is that by the way.

For any Ulster Bears who read this thread I apologise for the slating you seem be getting, because you want to sport your team your way and not somebodies PC version set up not to offend anybody and be liked by all. As far as this bear is concerned you are more than welcome and long my you keep coming, as the say goes who needs enemies when you've got friends like these.

Always thought the we must be loved mantra was just a thing the Mhanks did, it seems to be spreading across the city hopefully it will be a limited outbreak.

For any Ulster Bears who read this thread I apologise for the slating you seem be getting, because you want to sport your team your way and not somebodies PC version set up not to offend anybody and be liked by all. As far as this bear is concerned you are more than welcome and long my you keep coming, as the say goes who needs enemies when you've got friends like these.

Always thought the we must be loved mantra was just a thing the Mhanks did, it seems to be spreading across the city hopefully it will be a limited outbreak.

100% agree with that

A bit extreme Govan. It's not a case of "please love us" (as you say the Mhanks do) but more a case of spreading a positive image of our club. IMO we could isolate ourselves by reinforcing connections with the OO with an orange strip. I'm sure we could debate until the cows come home about the OO but I feel a lot of people see it as a strange and outdated organisation (including me tbh)

I'm not saying we should bend over to be everybodies best friend but what harm would it do to simply promote the best things about our club instead of hitching our wagon to a rather outdated star ? Let's be honest here, after the horrors of Manchester IMO we have pretty tarnished repuation to rebuild.

I still fail to see why Rangers wearing an orange strip reinforces connections with the OO. There are currently no connections between the club and the OO.

People can choose to make up one in the same way as they have done with our socks etc.However it doesn't mean that there is a connection other than in these people's minds.

Is a Rangers fan who wears an orange strip promoting the Orange Order in any shape or form? I don't think so and fail to see why anyone else should.

Is a Rangers fan with an Orange phone promoting the OO or is it because they offered him the best deal?

What about someone with a RoI flag? The orange on that represents the OO. Are you suggesting that if you see an Irish Rugby match at Lansdowne Road you look at all the people with Irish flags as reinforcing connections with the OO?