Bill McMurdo - Thatâ??ll Be The Day

Dont get the relevance of Sean Connery's Irish extraction. I'm of Irish and German stock but I feel 100% Scottish
Just meaning that he bangs on about the Scottish thing a bit much when he's actually of Irish heritage. I agree with you re the British thing; I too love many things English but I've never felt English even after 40 years of living there.

Dont get the relevance of Sean Connery's Irish extraction. I'm of Irish and German stock but I feel 100% Scottish

The Connery thing for me is he bangs on with Salmond about independence for Scotland but he won't stay here himself. Oh no he buggers off to some tax haven to live while we are left with the mess.

Which is another reason why anyone who doesn't reside in Scotland shouldn't get a vote, all you Scots abroad I'm sorry but you shouldn't have a say, as well as the voting age being moved to 16 you must be having a laugh. I notice Salmond is trying to get history ciriculum changed in Scotland to bang on more about Scotish history, now I agree we should be teaching our kids more about Scottish history but why now hes had years to push for this or is it because he has two years to get 14 year olds primed and ready to vote, smells a little like brainwashing to me.

Edited by GovanAllan

It started the minute they got into power back in what, 2007. Not a new thing. One of the first things the SNP administration did was to increase funding for study of Scots literature in the classroom; standard practice for a party looking to establish a nation, get the cultural credentials on show.

The amount of Scots history taught in Scotland was chronic in my day (80s). Calgacus and...that was it. We went from someone fighting the Romans (some of you ought to enjoy that concept) to Britain and the Empire in a week. Even for those who are most staunchly British, it's not asking too much that we have some history of the bit of Britain we live in.

And finally, Connery has given plenty in donations, directly to working class causes without it having to go thru the government filter. I wish we all could!