Carlos Bocanegra's Spanish move on brink of falling through

Where is your evidence? Bocanegra has never indicated the club forced the move through, as promised we didn't stand in the way of him leaving in order to preserve his international career, we've been paying his wages since June so it's not like we couldn't handle it. The talk of returning from his loan is showing respect to the club and the fans as well as considering the possibility of reconstruction but if we're only in Division 2 there's no way he'll be back.

Goian is the same, his mind was changed because the Romania manager had a chat, nothing to do with Green. Edu and Bedoya made their intentions to move clear from the start hence McCoist never picking them. Broadfoot is the only one I would say looked like the club had a bigger role, but his over inflated wages for someone of his ability and contract expiring next year may well have had something to do with that.

Of course he wanted high earners to leave, wage bill had to be brought down with us going down to this division, but that was already achieved by those that walked away. Charles and the rest of us wanted them to come over so we could get fees of course but wage bill wise it was probably the same result.

I'd say Green was correct to try and move on all the players we had left on a higher wage. None of them I'd consider a huge loss - even if our squad is perhaps rather light for the next 12 months.

I'd agree and would have done the same in his position. I.just really like Boca.

I'd agree and would have done the same in his position. I.just really like Boca.

The one from last season, yes.

The one from the start of this campaign, no.

Has looked very disinterested. No big loss given the league we are in. Still a very classy guy though and one I am happy to have seen play for Rangers.

I think he unfortunately lost some focus because of not knowing if he was going to be staying or leaving. A very unsettling situation for any player, even an experienced pro like Boca. I think we'd have seen a different player over the past month if he had known for certain that he was going to be staying and his national team manager had assured him it wouldn't affect his chance of selection for the USA squad.