Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

well hes spot on with that. allys time here has been a disaster. we are not a one competition club. his cup record will haunt him and me forever.

It's a lose / lose situation for him. It would be the same for any manager in his spot. If Ally does manage to win a cup or two beyond league trophies on the way up, he'll receive some modest praise, but it won't be until we're winning at the top that he'll get the credit he deserves. Even then, I suspect he'll still have his critics.

Exactly, and the players don't stand in specific formations outline by simple terms like 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1 etc. So to try and use that to run down the manager when there are such minuscule differences between the formation he started and the one you wanted is foolhardy.

but its not miniscule. it doesnt take much to change team dynamics and for the whole team to struggle. one player out of position, one player not pulling his weight, the littlest thing can change so much in football.

It's a lose / lose situation for him. It would be the same for any manager in his spot. If Ally does manage to win a cup or two beyond league trophies on the way up, he'll receive some modest praise, but it won't be until we're winning at the top that he'll get the credit he deserves. Even then, I suspect he'll still have his critics.

he has made such a pigs ear of the job so far it would take something like winning the champions league to win some people over. and thats just not going to happen. i doubt he will be in charge when we are back at the top anyway.

Some of his tactics are baffling. Playing Temps & Jig up front when neither is an out & out striker didn't work today. I actually thought Sandaza did quite well as he moved defenders about a bit more. Thought we deserved the win in the end though.

this thread is now just counter productive. were 15 points clear. no matter what supers here to stay.

we were always going to be out in front. the same problems which led to peoples lack of belief in ally are still the same today as they were then. it is 100% applicable.

Some of his tactics are baffling. Playing Temps & Jig up front when neither is an out & out striker didn't work today. I actually thought Sandaza did quite well as he moved defenders about a bit more. Thought we deserved the win in the end though.

I must admit I couldn't believe he didn't go 2 up front when Sandaza came on, preferring to move Jig back to midfield. Their biggest CH was sent off which meant Jig was more of a threat in the air. We needed players in the box not wrestling with the 5 man midfield of Queens.

I agree Sandaza looked actually like a footballer today. It is the best I have seen him since he joined us