Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

_41705404_4_4_2_416.gif

_41705412_4_4_1_1_416.gif

4-2-3-1.gif

Grand scheme of things what's the difference? negligible. fuck all.

The manager definitely has his flaws, but criticisms of him need to be fair and based in fact. Not just easy sound bites about 4-4-2 or players out of formation when these things are either incorrect, partial truths or simplistic concepts to define difficult to explain concepts that are fluid and ever changing.

4-4-2 played right is completely different on so many levels to 4-4-1-1 played wrong. the lengths some folk go to save the managers face is embarassing. this is a new one.

Look at the top two pictures. Difference? Very little. And when does a team ever resemble its formation whilst in open play? never.

And the problems today were not up front. It was further back which meant that any issues with the front pair weren't fully exposed.

But then, the lengths some will go to to castigate someone they don't like are embarrassing.

Edit; Complaints about the manager are fine. But when you are complaining we "only played 1 up front" because we played a formation that can be more easily labelled 4-4-1-1 than 4-4-2 I'm not going to let people get away with pursuing such an agenda.

Look at the top two pictures. Difference? Very little. And when does a team ever resemble its formation whilst in open play? never.

And the problems today were not up front. It was further back which meant that any issues with the front pair weren't fully exposed.

But then, the lengths some will go to to castigate someone they don't like are embarrassing.

Edit; Complaints about the manager are fine. But when you are complaining we "only played 1 up front" because we played a formation that can be more easily labelled 4-4-1-1 than 4-4-2 I'm not going to let people get away with pursuing such an agenda.

need i tell you football is not played on paper or computer screens. :facepalm:

our problems, as usual, start from midfield and work their way forward.

why? because you dont understand the game? you are talking rubbish. we played one up front, that is a fact.

the fact you think looking at formations on a screen dictate how a team will set up, play or look when on the field is embarassingly childish.

stay off those management games on the computer. :thup:

our fans know more about our current squad and team than him. he is only being respectful. i dont expect him to be critical in any way of how shambolic allys tenure has been.

need i tell you football is not played on paper or computer screens. :facepalm:

Exactly, and the players don't stand in specific formations outline by simple terms like 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1 etc. So to try and use that to run down the manager when there are such minuscule differences between the formation he started and the one you wanted is foolhardy.

our fans know more about our current squad and team than him. he is only being respectful. i dont expect him to be critical in any way of how shambolic allys tenure has been.

I think he was clearly making the point that McCoist deserves credit but won't get it because he finds himself in a position where we're expected to storm back to the top and anything less would be regarded as a disaster.

I think he was clearly making the point that McCoist deserves credit but won't get it because he finds himself in a position where we're expected to storm back to the top and anything less would be regarded as a disaster.

well hes spot on with that. allys time here has been a disaster. we are not a one competition club. his cup record will haunt him and me forever.