Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Thing is that if you read on here, any sort of clearance is being labelled "lump-up-front" old style garbage. If people would watch the game again and compare it to any other game in e.g. the EPL, they would actually note that it was hardly the main tactic of the day to lump the ball up to Sandaza et al. Most of the play went down the inside channels or via the wings last night.

agreed. but i would add the caveat that is is possible to play out from the back and that alexander still hoofs it sometimes when its not needed.

for me we should be forgetting about going long ever for now. no better time to get the basics right.

• 2 weeks later...

sure we will go on and win this game, probably comfortably too, another one where the opposition tires late on. sure we will win this league, which was a gimme from the start but the initial tactics, line up, formation and players out of position in this match is completely indicative of ally mccoist as a manager. he has learned nothing since taking over. same mistakes as day 1 still happening.

there is a bigger picture and the world of football is passing us by.

sure we will go on and win this game, probably comfortably too, another one where the opposition tires late on. sure we will win this league, which was a gimme from the start but the initial tactics, line up, formation and players out of position in this match is completely indicative of ally mccoist as a manager. he has learned nothing since taking over. same mistakes as day 1 still happening.

there is a bigger picture and the world of football is passing us by.

Who is out of position?

What are our tactics set out by the manager (often impossible to know) and what would you change about them. What would your starting line up and formation be?

Who is out of position?

What are our tactics set out by the manager (often impossible to know) and what would you change about them. What would your starting line up and formation be?

hegarty, crawford and templeton all out of position.

tactics are 4-5-1, show them respect, keep it tight, dont lose a goal, give it time, the goals will come when they tire late on. embarassing.

i would have played 4-4-2

alexander

cole or argyriou (both proper right backs by trade)

wallace

perry

cribari

templeton wide right

mckay wide left

both wingers and both comfortable on either wing so they can be switched if we need to spice it up a bit.

crawford

hutton

in the middle, both comfortable centre mids by trade.

mcculloch

sandaza or burrows or walsh.

all strikers by trade.

simple, easy, comfortable, attack minded and exciting.

we could see how that half was panning out after 10 mins yet nothing changed. same old rubbish from super. utterly clueless.

football is not hard. we make it look almost impossible.

its not allys fault the players struggle to put two passes together. its basic footballing skills were failing on. i am in no means convinced that mccoist is the man for the job but the players need to accept responsibility too.

hegarty, crawford and templeton all out of position.

tactics are 4-5-1, show them respect, keep it tight, dont lose a goal, give it time, the goals will come when they tire late on. embarassing.

i would have played 4-4-2

alexander

cole or argyriou (both proper right backs by trade)

wallace

perry

cribari

templeton wide right

mckay wide left

both wingers and both comfortable on either wing so they can be switched if we need to spice it up a bit.

crawford

hutton

in the middle, both comfortable centre mids by trade.

mcculloch

sandaza or burrows or walsh.

all strikers by trade.

simple, easy, comfortable, attack minded and exciting.

we could see how that half was panning out after 10 mins yet nothing changed. same old rubbish from super. utterly clueless.

football is not hard. we make it look almost impossible.

Pissing over 4-4-1-1 compared to 4-4-2 is laughable.

You can equally say that none of those players are out of position. In this day and age most players dont play just one role. Look at Barca's attacking line up. They all move all over the place.

To simple to moan about a dynamic system like a team's formation with a simple series of numbers. Makes it easy to bask a manager you don't like.

its not allys fault the players struggle to put two passes together. its basic footballing skills were failing on. i am in no means convinced that mccoist is the man for the job but the players need to accept responsibility too.

who picks these players? if a manager keeps picking poor player who let him and the club down, he goes. ally has done that for almost 2 years and is still here.

Pissing over 4-4-1-1 compared to 4-4-2 is laughable.

You can equally say that none of those players are out of position. In this day and age most players dont play just one role. Look at Barca's attacking line up. They all move all over the place.

To simple to moan about a dynamic system like a team's formation with a simple series of numbers. Makes it easy to bask a manager you don't like.

believing in a manager who is out his depth and clueless is laughable imo.

they are out of position. clearly and it shows.

i love ally, the rangers player and legend, he was my hero but as rangers manager, he is completely useless. a wise man once said, "no man is greater than the club"

not even mr mccoist!