Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

I was checking the scores late last night while watching the BPL games and saw 0-0 at half time before nodding off.....my thoughts were I wonder if the occasion of 140 years got in the way of McCoists preparations etc. It might be unlikely but my thoughts were he would have a lot of people to meet and greet so possibly took the eye off the ball. Anyway saw the result in the morning but havent read about the performance.

We slaughtered them throughout the first half and had chances to win two games - just weren't clinical enough. Second half was less convincing, but we still dominated. The point is that there are games when you beat 10 defenders and a goalie by the odd goal, then there are games against the same tactics when you slaughter them by the nap hand or more. Possession-, score- and chances-wise (sic!), it was probably like their game in Barcelona. At the end of the day, the important thing is to win these games and come away with the full compliment of players.

Come on, valid questions to be asked after today.

You've seen valid question in here? The usual suspects just repeat the same stuff week in week out all over again, peppered with a great deal of malcontent towards the manager. At the end of the day, we are top of the league and start to find our feet away from home too. The standard is sure as good as we played last season with better players and it would be good if some folks would admit that there are Third Division sides out there who know to play football.

You've seen valid question in here? The usual suspects just repeat the same stuff week in week out all over again, peppered with a great deal of malcontent towards the manager. At the end of the day, we are top of the league and start to find our feet away from home too. The standard is sure as good as we played last season with better players and it would be good if some folks would admit that there are Third Division sides out there who know to play football.

Playing up the opposition (part time opposition at that) just seems a way to avoid asking questions of your own team.

I personally have been fair and eased up due to our good run and decent enough performances but I thought that was awful today.