Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

This assumes that there was no troubled times in Ibrox affecting anyone. Do you not think that between then and when we actually hit admin that things were amiss and players/manager were aware?

We all knew things weren't looking great. It's not like admin came completely out of the blue. To say otherwise is a bit blind imo.

I seemed to remember back then the excuses made for the slump were because of the Naismith injury, we just couldn't play without him in the side...don't remember Mystic Meg coming out and predicting what actually was happening.

For me anyway, it was completely out of the blue, and I'm sure for most on here it was the same.

Hindsight is such a wonderful thing though. ;)

He had us pumped out of all cups even with a 10 point lead in the league and when Septic were absolutely crap. He then loses his best player and never got to grips with it.

he also managed to make jelavic look like a lump of wood.

I seemed to remember back then the excuses made for the slump were because of the Naismith injury, we just couldn't play without him in the side...don't remember Mystic Meg coming out and predicting what actually was happening.

For me anyway, it was completely out of the blue, and I'm sure for most on here it was the same.

spot on. poor management was behind it, nothing else.

ALLY McCOIST has described Alloa as ‘dangerous’ opponents as Rangers look to respond positively to their League Cup exit to Inverness in the Scottish Cup tomorrow.

The onus is on the Light Blues to hit back in the right manner after a hugely disappointing 3-0 loss to the Highlanders at Ibrox on Wednesday.

But the Third Division leaders will come up against last season’s champions at that level tomorrow and they have taken their good form from 2011/12 into this term.

The Wasps currently lie second in the Second Division as they go for back-to-back promotions having won six of their 10 league outings so far.

They were 5-1 victors in their most recent game against Albion Rovers and they are continuing to do well under Paul Hartley.

McCoist knows the Recreation Park team will come to Glasgow feeling they can get a positive result.

And from that point of view, he knows it will be tougher than some might imagine as his men seek to progress into round four.

McCoist said: “It’s a game against a team from the lower leagues who plays as good a game of football as any other team in the lower leagues.

“They had a great year last year and they’re having another great one this year, sitting second top just now.

“They scored five goals last week and as a team and a club in a rich vein of form, they’re full of confidence and they’ll be extremely dangerous opponents.

“I know the Alloa boys will be dying to put on over on us. They’ll be looking up on this as being a good time to play Rangers after the game in midweek.

“They will be reasonably fresh and I think they are going away together tonight as a group to prepare.

“That said, it’s a home game in the cup against another team from a similar league and situation to us. In that respect, we should be very hopeful we can go out and get a result.

“It’s probably a game where if we win, we won’t get too many pats on the back and if we lose we’ll get a bit of stick.

“I hope we win the game and we’re not getting too many pats on the back. That’s a far better option for me.”

Alloa got a 7 million wage bill have they Ally?

Terrible comment.

Rubbish. You can't predict results.

Then what the hell are your opinions about? You can't predict that Ally will get any more bad results. Therefore there is no point in sacking him. We just don't know... What kind of weird thinking is that? Why is it that the Ally bashers can't debate anything fairly that goes against their opinion? That's my biggest problem. The bunker mentality is amazing.

It is impossible to really say what would have happened if we did not go into administration but with a bit of intelligence you can gauge it. You extrapolate the rest of the results of the season. Or is that too difficult for you?

It's pretty obvious that administration affected those results so lets remove them from Ally's record - and the second Celtic game.

That makes 80 points with five games to go. From that position we could have won the league. Or just take Ally's results up to the point of administration and compare it with other seasons.

The worst thing that the Ally bashers do is that they try to pretend that administration had no bearing on results. It suits their blame Ally agenda.

The people arguing with you and not seeing it your way, take mitigation into account. I can see the frustrations with the team and results at the moment, but I can see the difficulties of the situation.

It seems that those against Ally do not take administration into consideration AND think Ally should be fired for not achieving more than 102 pts ie winning by 9 points or more.

It just highlights the ridiculousness of the arguments against him.

If admin was out of the blue for you, you weren't paying much attention...

This is how the top two looked on Nov. 15th 2011

Rangers 14 12 2 0 30 6 38

Celtic 12 7 2 3 23 12 23

....and this is how it was just BEFORE administration

Celtic 26 21 2 3 53 16 65

Rangers 26 19 4 3 51 15 61

A nineteen point swing.

We started well which merits praise, then somehow blew it big-time which deserves criticism.

Sorry to upset some but I know where the buck stops.

How can you say it was a 19 point swing when Celtic had two games in hand. More propaganda - why can't you play fair?

The point is though that after 26 games he had 61 points which if continued would have brought in 89 points - above average. How do you deserve criticism for being where you are just because you had an amazing start? I really don't get this. Do you deserve praise for starting very badly and then having a great run, or more praise for just mosying along and picking up the 61 points on an even basis? What the hell kind of criticism is that?

And this is supposing that the lead up to administration had no effect on the players - a very glib assumption to make.

You can see more and more the desperation of those trying to scapegoat the manager.

How can you say it was a 19 point swing when Celtic had two games in hand. More propaganda - why can't you play fair?

Did Ceptic win those games???

the 2nd set of figures shown have both teams level on games played, so it was after they can played their games in hand, the the 19 point swing still stands!!!