Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Immaturity is our forte Gav. No matter how you dress it up as somebody else's.

Results are the only thing to earn respect are they? Not in my opinion. But then, I guess that is what a forum is about. I just don't care for the contempt and disrespect that people are showing.

Much the same as you defend the police force from disrespect and disparaging comments I don't see why someone shouldn't be depending McCoists right to respect either.

Which part was immature by the way ? Seems you have lost your sense of humor.

There you go again!

Like I said, McCoist hasn't earned my respect as a manager. He's slowly turning us into a laughing stock. Was yesterdays result the worst result in our history? It's fairly close to it but let's respect him because you think he held us together during the summer. We'd have survived if he walked.

Edited by Gazza_8

There you go again!

Like I said, McCoist hasn't earned my respect as a manager. He's slowly turning us into a laughing stock. Was yesterdays result the worst result in our history? It's fairly close to it but let's respect him because you think he held us together during the summer. We'd have survived if he walked.

Where did I say he was due respect for holding us together over the summer ? Read the whole post instead of picking bits that sit you. I said for what he had done over a 30 yr period at Rangers.

If you don't get that then I give up. I also said he may not be a manager, which I would class as criticism. But that is far different from showing disrespect (which, to be fair, I am not criticizing YOU of) - but others have been.

You may be surprised but I actually agree that he hasn't done nearly enough for him to be retained as manager, but I personally prefer to not sink to the level of disrespect others do. That is ther choice.

Where did I say he was due respect for holding us together over the summer ?

I find it disgusting the disrespect that is being shown to the man who was the glue that held us together since admin.

I took it from that that you respected him for being the "glue" behind Rangers over the summer while others weren't that impressed with him.

If you don't get that then I give up. I also said he may not be a manager, which I would class as criticism. But that is far different from showing disrespect (which, to be fair, I am not criticizing YOU of) - but others have been.

I get you alright, I just disagree with you. Like I said, I respected him as a player but so far, he has earned zero respect from me as a manager.

I took it from that that you respected him for being the "glue" behind Rangers over the summer while others weren't that impressed with him.

I get you alright, I just disagree with you. Like I said, I respected him as a player but so far, he has earned zero respect from me as a manager.

Re 1st part. If It came across that way then I didn't convey very well. It was go what h has done for the club over an extended period of time, not jus since admin.

Re 2nd part.... I actually agree, but not respecting him is far, far different from showing him disrespect, at least to me

So if not respecting someone isn't disrespecting, what is it?

Seriously ?

You don't see that you can have no respect for someone but still not be disrespectful of them? No respect doesn't equate to disrespect.

Seriously ?

You don't see that you can have no respect for someone but still not be disrespectful of them? No respect doesn't equate to disrespect.

I see and understand that. I was simply asking the question as I didn't know the answer.

Like I said, I respected him as a player but so far, he has earned zero respect from me as a manager.

Agreed. He is respected as a person and what he did as a player but people forget respect has to be earned and not handed out due to who they are. As a manager Ally hasnt came near to achieving it. You wonder if we had someone else in charge with these results (say Jim Jefferies) the disrespect would be 227 pages long on this thread.

Craig, last week you said if Calderwood was in charge it would be a final straw for you, is that disrespecting someones abilites before they have even had a chance?