Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

I will say, I am disappointed at how some people are showing outrage for my use of the word bastard whilst finding it perfectly acceptable to call mcCoist hopeless, useless, telling him to gtf.... And also complaining about a ban for someone who called fellow bears "monglotards".

That seems like double standards to me.

But, that said, I shouldn't have used the word so I apologies unreservedly. It was honestly not meant as a descriptive term but for effect. Again, my apologies.

Good post mate, I will say I don't think any of us agreed with the monglotards post, even tho my post came across as I did it wasn't meant that way.

Again, I said that already. No manager can prevent stupidity from players, yet he is being chastised for such and in just his first couple of games as manager. Individual stupidity aside and we would have went throu against Malmo.

Always come down to the fact that the manager picks the team so the buck stops here.

But I really wasn't. I was saying hat you couldn't really blame McCois for so man ndividial errors. Could you ? He couldn't be on the pitch hitting Naismiths shots for him, preventing Whittaker from giving th ball away or Whittaker stupidly getting sent off.

The manager carries th can but no for one minute did he want Whittake to be so stupid as get sent off.

In fact, at HT in Maribor he told them to b extra careful with challenges.... What does Bougherra do ? Get sent off.

The manager can't do everything for them. And that was my point, you can't really blame him for those individual errors from players that should know better.

if we had done our job at home, like we should have, that away result would have been an excellent result, even with 2 men sent off. the tie wasnt lost in malmo, it was lost at ibrox. jelavic was also guilty of several missed sitters. ally told us pre season his squad would be ready, we were not. the whole summer from day one was a shambles. it wasnt some mickey mouse team he took over either, it was a double winning squad of champions.

I am not an Ally Basher but our European disaster last season can certainly be laid at his feet. He had the whole of the summer stop to go on holiday but went to Portugal on holiday when Rangers should have started training and most teams in the champions league had already started training. Even worse I believe Maribor and Malmo were well into their season already. I have seen Rangers under Walter and Ally playing pre-season in Germany and was totally embarrassed. Walking on to the park in bath slippers and sauntering about as if they are playing a game on the beach at Butlins. I couldn't believe it to be honest.