Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

some of the stuff that he wasn't a footballer is just nonsense if you just sat and watched Ally during a game you would know he's a footballer.

Absolutely McCoist was a player, great touch and turn, decent pace , good movement , great reading of the game, could pass the ball and was a quality finisher.

He could also tackle and put the boot in when needed. I think that side of his game gets over looked somewhat. :)

I have yet to see one poster who says that Ally can do no wrong - so who exactly are you referring to? I'd say there IS a brigade who seem to think Ally can do no right though - expecting him to win the league with a 10 point penalty and 75% player wage cuts for a start and now getting slagged off after 4-0 and 5-1 wins which is highly unusual.

Again you have a pop at me then miss the point I have been making along ( not for the first time I might add ). Nobody expected Ally to win the league after the 10 point deduction, but it could be argued the league was gone by then. The point us so called Ally Bashers are trying to make is his team have been playing honking football for more than a year ( with one or two exceptions at home ) and I see no light at the end of the tunnel coming soon. So I and some more on here have highlighted this which seems to earned us the disapproval of some and the term Ally Bashers. Oh the irony of one group saying we are being derogatory to Ally then attaching a derogatory term to us.

No calling him a useless overweight twat who can't manage is slagging him off, saying I think he's out of his depth in the manager job is giving an opinion.

I'd say that saying he's out his depth in the manager job is slagging him off.

gain you have a pop at me then miss the point I have been making along ( not for the first time I might add ). Nobody expected Ally to win the league after the 10 point deduction, but it could be argued the league was gone by then. The point us so called Ally Bashers are trying to make is his team have been playing honking football for more than a year ( with one or two exceptions at home ) and I see no light at the end of the tunnel coming soon. So I and some more on here have highlighted this which seems to earned us the disapproval of some and the term Ally Bashers. Oh the irony of one group saying we are being derogatory to Ally then attaching a derogatory term to us.

Not so! not for me anyway. I only object to being dug up for disagreeing with you. I have my view of Ally, and my reasons for them and am a bit fed up with being accused of blind faith, head/sand interface etc.

It's hardly surprising when posters get grumpy at constantly being mildly insulted for the heinous crime of having a different opinion!

Not so! not for me anyway. I only object to being dug up for disagreeing with you. I have my view of Ally, and my reasons for them and am a bit fed up with being accused of blind faith, head/sand interface etc.

It's hardly surprising when posters get grumpy at constantly being mildly insulted for the heinous crime of having a different opinion!

Well I'm grumpy at being called an Ally Basher so the two sides are even.

I'd say that saying he's out his depth in the manager job is slagging him off.

Well your idea and my idea of slagging is very wide apart, so I can't say imo Ally is out of his depth and not up to the job because I'd be slagging him.

You have got to be joking we might as well just switch off the lights and all go home then. :facepalm:

Just had a quick look at the term Slagging : To call someone names or use derogatory remarks about their person.

Can't remember doing anything like that about Ally.

Edited by GovanAllan

Well your idea and my idea of slagging is very wide apart, so I can't say imo Ally is out of his depth and not up to the job because I'd be slagging him.

You have got to be joking we might as well just switch off the lights and all go home then. :facepalm:

Just had a quick look at the term Slagging : To call someone names or use derogatory remarks about their person.

Can't remember doing anything like that about Ally.

Nobody is saying you can't say he's out his depth as a manager. It's your opinion and you're entitled to it. It doesn't mean that it's not slagging him off though. It's hardly constructive criticism.

However it's all a pedantic point. Does the definition of slagging really matter that much? I could have quite as easily said "criticising" in my post and the point would have still stood. Do we really need yet another thread highlighting that Ally is "out his depth"?

It's almost as bad as Gunslinger turing every thread into an anti-Green one....OK perhaps I've taken that a little too far...it's nowhere near as bad. :D