Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

well it isnt hard. respected? guys who had sat back for years and watched our name being made mudd in the media only to sit silent and not defend the club whose board they sat on or themselves for that matter, men who sat back for years and watched david murray rip our club apart piece by piece and say or do nothing, you are saying ally mccoist, rangers man and legend, respected people like that? now that is extremely poor. he being the rangers man and legend that he is, he should have been over the moon to get rid of such cowards and idiots.

Cowards and idiots like John Grieg and John McClelland? Or how about TBK's? More to the point do you think Ally would have been watching on as Martin Bain's name was dragged through the mud and not sensed the slightest bit of injustice?

Barring the part about not seeing any of them being proud to play for Ally, that pretty much proves my point and... you've also just described some of the problems that almost every single big football club has to deal with, including clubs with hugely experienced managers earning 10 times what Ally does!

At almost every big club there's only certain players who really play for the club and their manager while others display varying characteristics of not really giving a shit and just turning up. Obviously I'm making generalizations myself here and I realise that, but I'm just trying to point out that when our team don't play the way they should it's not necessarily all the manager's fault and there's a lot of different factors to consider. One factor in our current situation is that after all of the turmoil some of these players have gone through in recent times, they might still be here, but that doesn't mean they're happy and that's not necessarily Ally's fault. It's not Ally's fault that Craig Whyte, Duff & Phelps, the SPL, SFA & numerous other bastards fucked the club over and left the team having to play in the 3rd Division this season, is it?

i guess that is football but by no means is that the reason ally is a poor football manager. that is only a small part of why the team are so poor at times.

good managers can limit the effect players poor attitudes have on the team in question, good managers can get ar*eholes and mercenaries playing for them for the good of the club and the manager tells the players for the good of them too!

surely it is upto the manager him being the boss to identify why and where it is going wrong and at least attempt to fix it, we dont get that at rangers under ally.

we have to rise above all the outside stuff and accept ally has a job to do, we are still a football club, the biggest in the land with standards, expectations and ambition, our manager has a job to do no matter what comes at him from left field. what is your opinion on lennon having to deal with death threats and bombs and bullets being sent to him, as much as we hate him, he handled it pretty well, so well in fact his team went onto win a trophy(scottish cup i think) and running us very close for the league. football is not a complicated sport, its not a hard game but at times we, as a club, sure do over complicate it, maybe over thinking or looking for excuses when the mirror is the best place to look.

for what it is worth, at rangers i think our players attitudes in general over the last 5 to 8 years has been abysmal. spoiled, over paid and molly coddled.

Edited by kuznetsov

Cowards and idiots like John Grieg and John McClelland? Or how about TBK's? More to the point do you think Ally would have been watching on as Martin Bain's name was dragged through the mud and not sensed the slightest bit of injustice?

yes, exactly like them. bain deserved every bit of stick he got. he was out of his depth and had cost the club millions over the years. murrays little lapdog was an embarrassment to our club.

Bain's name never needed dragged through mud.

he done that all by himself

I was never Martin Bain's biggest fan but he was suspended and accused of financial wrongdoing via an official club press release just to get rid of him. What exactly would you call that?

I'm also of the opinion that our club would never have been bullied like it has been over the past few months under that previous board. They may have previously allowed the Rangers fans to be bullied up to a point over sectarian signing, but they wouldn't have allowed this to happen to the club.

I was never Martin Bain's biggest fan but he was suspended and accused of financial wrongdoing via an official club press release just to get rid of him. What exactly would you call that?

I'm also of the opinion that our club would never have been bullied like it has been over the past few months under that previous board. They may have previously allowed the Rangers fans to be bullied up to a point over sectarian signing, but they wouldn't have allowed this to happen to the club.

Think you have far too high an opinion of that regime.

Think you have far too high an opinion of that regime.

Certain people within that regime had too much political clout within the football governing bodies. If we'd been forced to newco due to the EBT case under that regime our SPL status wouldn't have even gone to a vote and the SFA wouldn't have dared treating the club like it has done. Just my opinion.

Certain people within that regime had too much political clout within the football governing bodies. If we'd been forced to newco due to the EBT case under that regime our SPL status wouldn't have even gone to a vote and the SFA wouldn't have dared treating the club like it has done. Just my opinion.

The current board are clearly the ones ready to stand up for us, certainly going by Green's statements.

Edited by simplythebest