Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

One of the most encouraging things I have heard from Ally, at least in terms of football, is when he said that he wants to give the fans an "exciting product on the pitch" - which to me entails attacking, free-flowing football with overloading players to put the opposition on the back foot.

It happened for the most part last Tuesday but clearly did not on Saturday - unfortunately the opposition wont always let you do that and certainly not on theit own pitch. Thing is, we obviously have more than enough quality for this division but there will still be adjustments necessary - even though the game in Scotland is 100mph I have the feeling that the amount of time allowed on the ball is even less the further down the divisions you go, which means players who are used to more time on the ball (even just a split second) will have to adjust to having less time, and that wont happen in 1 game.

I am pretty sure we are all comfortable that we will come out of this league relatively unscathed, it really comes down to your opinion on whether McCoist could be doing more. I think he hurts every bit as much as us all even with a result like this.... but we dont get paid to ensure it doesnt happen again (and, btw, a draw certainly isnt disastrous). I am also hoping that he is looking at bringing through the youths, not en masse but logically and sensibly, some of these lads will be the future. McKay and McLeod certainly look the part so far.

Right now, I am unhappy about the result - I wanted to win EVERY game in this division. BUT... I also recognise that there are other factors at play (most of which we have all beaten to death too).

Can anybody remember when a young Ally McCoist first came to our club, he never hit it off with the supporters in the beginning, there was one match at Ibrox, against Dundee, the fans where frustrated with Ally's bellow par performances and let Ally know, the whole Copland road end belted out in full voice 'Ally Ally get tae fuck'... He never got to fuck though, he stayed and done a job, he became the clubs greatest ever goal scorer.

If the fans calling for Ally to 'get to fuck' that day had got there wish Ally McCoist would never have been around long enough to go on and become the Rangers legend that he undoubtedly is.

The man is a born winner and I wouldn't wright him off as a manager just yet, despite the obvious alarm bells ringing.

No not you CG. You are playing nice :D

Was more calscot's reference to someone not "seeming sane"

Sorry, I said, "you don't seem sane to me". It wasn't meant as a personal insult, it's just my opinion that if someone thinks a manager is not good enough because he is expected to win the league or be sacked even with a ten point penalty, his club going into administration and his players taking 75% pay cuts, seems incredibly extreme to me.

Didn't mean to cause offence.

if ally is asked it will because his team can't string 3 passes together. not because he lost the league.

because teams with a tenth of the budget regularly outplay us.

because he can't motivate his players out of the ordinary.

who's the better manager the one getting ordinary out of good or good out of ordinary.

So Healy was a like for like replacement with Jelavic ? come on now Allan....

That said our season definitely went south at Pittodrie with that injury

I just don't think Jela would've made any difference after Jan, his head wasn't in the game as his sudden great performances for Everton showed he had one foot out the door for the first half of the season.

Sorry, I said, "you don't seem sane to me". It wasn't meant as a personal insult, it's just my opinion that if someone thinks a manager is not good enough because he is expected to win the league or be sacked even with a ten point penalty, his club going into administration and his players taking 75% pay cuts, seems incredibly extreme to me.

No worries, thankfully kusznetsov didnt see it in a negative light either.

The last couple of days have been emotive, just trying to keep a seal on it :D

I just don't think Jela would've made any difference after Jan, his head wasn't in the game as his sudden great performances for Everton showed he had one foot out the door for the first half of the season.

But that cant surely be put down to McCoist though can it ?

So he was basically hamstrung by having his best player Naismith injured as well as his other best player (Jelavic) not trying. And if Jelavic's head was turned then it didnt matter who the manager was, he wasnt going to get Jelavic to try.

Even the Tims claimed that they were only mince because Izaguirre was injured. So they were shite because they lost one player - yet we are berating McCoist when he was without his TWO best players. And there were other injuries too, Lafferty for instance.

no worries mate, you didnt :)

but over paying for players is what we had become used to at rangers, that was the norm.

totally agree with the second bit.

again, i agree, too many bad signings, wastes of money but i would put aluko in the good signing bracket with bocanegra and wallace.

Forgot about Aluko :-)