Ally: I trust Green

ALLY McCOIST last night told Rangers fans: You CAN buy season tickets from Charles Green.

Ibrox boss McCoist insists Green has convinced him heâ??s fit and proper to lead Gers out of crisis.

He has previously stopped short of backing Greenâ??s plea to fans to fork out for briefs.

McCoist said: â??Iâ??m really conscious of the fact there has been a lot of talk and questions asked.

â??But even if Princess Diana or Mother Teresa had come in and bought Rangers I would have been sceptical. Thatâ??s how damaged we were after the last ten or 11 months.

Respect and trust have to be earned by working hard and doing the right things.

â??Iâ??ve watched Charles in recent weeks. Heâ??s nailed his colours to the mast in terms of work ethic.

â??Heâ??s done his best for Rangers, fought for the club and represented us to the best of his ability.

â??I have been impressed by his willingness to fight our corner. He has been a good ally to have.

â??Rangers has far more stability than weâ??ve had in recent months.

â??The new owners were the only party that came and put their money where their mouths were.

â??They stood tall and bought Rangers, so they deserve great support from us and the fans.

â??Itâ??s time for everyone with the best interests of Rangers at heart to unite and get behind the club.â?

McCoist, who has bought four season tickets for his family, hailed the 38,000 fans who turned out for the League Cup

victory over East Fife on Tuesday. Around 20,000 season tickets have been sold for the Third Division campaign at Ibrox.

But itâ??s NOT expected the fans will catch a glimpse of former Celtic striker Craig Beattie.

That deal looks doomed to failure after McCoist landed Dean Shiels, Kevin Kyle and Fran Sandaza.

He added: â??I wouldnâ??t say itâ??s dead in the water, but I donâ??t think itâ??s going through.

â??It also looks like Mo Edu and Alejandro Bedoya will be leaving.

â??They are two players weâ??d like to keep, but itâ??s not looking that way.

â??But our fans deserve to see top-class players and this is just the start of the rebuilding process.â?

McCoist spoke of his excitement at a possible investment by Newcastle owner Mike Ashley.

He said: â??He looks to be to a very successful businessman. Thatâ??s a good start.

â??I donâ??t think you need to be a big fan to run a club. But it would be great to have people of that pedigree contributing.â?

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...ust-Green.html

Ally: We Need Your Backing

ALLY McCOIST has today thanked the fans for their phenomenal turnout at last night’s League Cup victory over East Fife and encouraged the Light Blue legions to continue to buy season tickets, as they have been doing in huge numbers all week.

Around 40,000 supporters returned to Ibrox to watch the 4-0 victory over Gordon Durie’s side and over 20,000 season tickets have been renewed already. Due to the huge demand the Club has taken the decision to extend the season ticket deadline to 7pm on Friday.

Prices for season tickets, which now include all 18 league games, start from £258 for Adults, £65 for Kids and £179 for Concessions.

Ally McCoist says now is the time for supporters to get behind the Club as the rebuilding process begins. He said: “Almost 40,000 fans turned out for the East Fife game last night, over 20,000 season tickets have been sold in just a week and I can’t thank the fans enough for their incredible support and loyalty to Rangers.

“The past few months have been extremely difficult for everyone but this is still Rangers Football Club and the supporters will continue to back us as they have always done. We still play in blue and we are still playing football at Ibrox so we all have to focus on football again and do all we can to rebuild this great Club.

“Now is the time to get right behind Rangers and the best way to do that is to buy season tickets. I encourage all fans to back the Club and renew their tickets for Season 2012/13 as we need their support more than ever.

“Filling Ibrox will be vital to Rangers as we begin life in Division 3 and we are delighted to be playing competitive matches again.

“Our fans deserve to see top class players at Ibrox and this is just the start of the rebuilding process. We have already added top quality to the squad Ian Black, Fran Sandaza, Dean Shiels, Emilson Cribari and Kevin Kyle - and I can assure fans more players will follow before the transfer deadline.

“We need to add to the squad to prepare for the next two seasons in the SFL and season ticket money is a major source of income for the Club.

“It is time for everyone with the best interests of Rangers at heart to unite and get behind the Club. This is a new chapter for Rangers and we are all looking forward to the challenges ahead. The atmosphere around the stadium has been electric in the past few days and there has been a buzz at the Ticket Centre. This is just the start of the journey and we will all enjoy it together.”

Season ticket holders can still post their forms, renew online, call the hotline on 0871 702 1972 or visit the Rangers Ticket Centre in person.

Any late renewals will be able to spread their season ticket payments - with the first payment being taken at time of purchase, the second due on or around 31 August and the final two

http://www.rangers.co.uk/index.php/news/headlines/item/1689-ally-we-need-your-backing

20000 in a week!!!!!!

“I don’t think you need to be a big fan to run a club. But it would be great to have people of that pedigree contributing.”

Is this a dig at the nae-cash Blue Knights who all claimed to be big Rangers fans but not one of them has put a penny into the club?

“I don’t think you need to be a big fan to run a club. But it would be great to have people of that pedigree contributing.”

Is this a dig at the nae-cash Blue Knights who all claimed to be big Rangers fans but not one of them has put a penny into the club?[/QUOTE]

Prob mate, but tbh i cant be the only one that thinks it's much better to have proper guys running the club like we have other than people that just get in by saying i support Rangers?

Prob mate, but tbh i cant be the only one that thinks it's much better to have proper guys running the club like we have other than people that just get in by saying i support Rangers?

Personally, I'm glad that it's someone without any emotional ties to the club - means they can make tough decision based on sound business principles, rather than being let by their heart.

The business side of things should be run by "neutral" business people, and the footballing side run by folk who know the club & the game as a whole.

Personally, I'm glad that it's someone without any emotional ties to the club - means they can make tough decision based on sound business principles, rather than being let by their heart.

The business side of things should be run by "neutral" business people, and the footballing side run by folk who know the club & the game as a whole.

Agree, i also think that having people like Green neg and deal with the SFA has been far better than the same old people like Murray and Smith that have just gave in over the years to the SFA.

Yes, but successful entrepreneurs wind up companies all the time on sound business principles. They remove all sentiment and make their money on their companies that are more profitable.

Would you like our club to be run like Sky or Apple where customers are continually levered into paying more and more for services in the name of profit and good business?

There is a lot to be said for being led by your heart.

Yes, but successful entrepreneurs wind up companies all the time on sound business principles. They remove all sentiment and make their money on their companies that are more profitable.

Would you like our club to be run like Sky or Apple where customers are continually levered into paying more and more for services in the name of profit and good business?

There is a lot to be said for being led by your heart.

Sky & Apple are 2 massively successful companies - they must be doing something right. The one thing that they will be not be doing is over spending on critical components required to produce their product. That is where RFC have been failing in recent years - buying over priced components ie players, but with lower priced returns on them. Motherwell on the other hand, have been buying good quality, lower priced components, which ahve produced a decent product, and healthy balance sheet.

Sky & Apple are 2 massively successful companies - they must be doing something right.

So if a pyramid seller is successful is he doing something right? A loan shark?

They are massively successful by exploiting their customers, is that what you want at Rangers?

To be honest I find that opinion pretty amazing and frighteningly prevalent. People justify themselves being ripped off by a company by praising them for having a good business model...

The one thing that they will be not be doing is over spending on critical components required to produce their product.

What makes you so sure? The hardware products for Sky are loss leaders and Apple is going that way as well. The devices aren't really their products, in fact Apple makes by far the majority of it's money by taking a 30% cut of everyone elses' products.

That is where RFC have been failing in recent years - buying over priced components ie players, but with lower priced returns on them. Motherwell on the other hand, have been buying good quality, lower priced components, which ahve produced a decent product, and healthy balance sheet.

You're comparing us to another team that went into administration?

I can remember the days when everyone used to slate m Bain for saying we should hire non rangers fans in big jobs.

people just blow in the wind as suits their whims. I'd be if tbk bought us tomorrow I would go years before seeing the oft mooted you've got to get behind them its the only option.

anyway this has to been good news for Mr green. everyone but cg loves ally :)