The Be Nice Bears

Just a few thoughts on last night: Sandy Jardine - I think I am in a minority of one but I'd rather not have grandiose statements before games, the last couple of years have put me off grandstanding for life. Actions count more than words, the new players on the pitch last night count for more than all the boabby pulling speeches.

East Fife - We might have put out something over the PA welcoming our guests and pointing out that they had brought what looked to me like considerably more than the usual SPL team does. They may have been trying to goad the Bears near the end, when we responded with 'You're only here to see The Rangers' (if they were I couldn't here them from the Copland) but we could try to rise above such predictable jibes - let's show some class. I have no desire to act like celtc, desperate to be best pals with everyone, but we have enough enemies, after all.

We could be nice for a while!

Whine over. Sun is out, and we won 4-0 last night. No way am I down!!

Supporters of apposing teams are never going to be bosom buddies, as long as Green is making new and lasting friendships with the SFL clubs chairmen, then that is what counts. I have a sneaky feeling we will need the SFL chairmen soon as a vote against the corrupt SFA/SPL cabal could be on the cards.

I think the Jardine comment was just because it was the first time back at Ibrox since we liquidated. I think someone more suited to being a speaker would have been better though, no disrespect to the man but he was speaking like he was reading from braille to someone hard of hearing or who spoke a different language.