Is the tide starting to turn for Charles Green?

I'm comfortable with Charles sniping at the other lot, makes a change considering they've been sniping at us for years.

I realise the need for caution, but to use that against him is grasping at straws really and reminds me of the film Life of Brian:

"I'm NOT the Messiah honestly....- All right I AM the Messiah"

First he says nothing - so there's something in it.

Then he says something - and he's even MORE in it.

It's ridiculous. It's now the time to put all this pish about CG to bed and move on chaps.

You're maybe missing my point 54? I didn't say I've got a problem with Green sniping at that lot, so I'm not using it against him as you suggest.

What I'm saying is that sniping at that lot and signing some players which are essential for the club to compete to the level it needs to... just aren't things which make me feel any more comfortable about Charles Green and the anonymous investor/s who hired him as the front man and our CEO.

I'm not "anti-Green" either, although I do think that he talks a lot of crap and I've said that from square one when he arrived on the scene. I don't maintain that viewpoint for any other reason than I still think he talks a lot of crap. I know I'm maybe being slightly harsh and overly judgemental, but it's still an honest opinion.

As I said, I think earning our trust at this point of the club's journey should be difficult to do and signing a few much needed players plus sniping at that lot in the east end just doesn't do it for me. That would be buying trust on the cheap.

You're maybe missing my point 54? I didn't say I've got a problem with Green sniping at that lot, so I'm not using it against him as you suggest.

What I'm saying is that sniping at that lot and signing some players which are essential for the club to compete to the level it needs to... just aren't things which make me feel any more comfortable about Charles Green and the anonymous investor/s who hired him as the front man and our CEO.

I'm not "anti-Green" either, although I do think that he talks a lot of crap and I've said that from square one when he arrived on the scene. I don't maintain that viewpoint for any other reason than I still think he talks a lot of crap. I know I'm maybe being slightly harsh and overly judgemental, but it's still an honest opinion.

As I said, I think earning our trust at this point of the club's journey should be difficult to do and signing a few much needed players plus sniping at that lot in the east end just doesn't do it for me. That would be buying trust on the cheap.

We've actually 'overdid' it regarding signings...we have the makings of a squad who'll steamroller through the 3rd and 2nd Divisions which takes care of the illegal transfer embargo, as for the favoured sniping to the east end club, Green doesn't have to go down that road to cover himself, it's blatantly obvious his club were thrown out of the spl due to tim influence and he aint gonna let it go.

Would you rather he said nothing about that lot? That lot are trying to convince themselves that we don't exist any more, 3 years of silence from Ibrox would have that lot believing that to be the case.

If Green was 'hiding' away I'd be concerned.

As long as he keeps up the 'cheap' sniping while we try to get back up there, then that'll do for me. We are a 3rd Division club in their eyes...but punching above our weight.

It can get to a stage where you're like a wife who got cheated on by her previous husband, so is incredibly paranoid and unable to give any trust at all to her totally new husband.

We've actually 'overdid' it regarding signings...we have the makings of a squad who'll steamroller through the 3rd and 2nd Divisions which takes care of the illegal transfer embargo

We won't know what the squad is going to look like until the end of the transfer window in three weeks time, so even from the most basic point of view it's a bit early to say if anything has been overdone in terms of signings. We already know that Edu and Bedoya want to leave and certain others might leave too. There's still a great deal of uncertainty as to what our squad will look like in a few weeks time, so it might be prudent to wait and see before we start claiming how we're going to steamroller anything. Not only that, but claiming such things publically will only cause the lower division teams to fight even harder against us because they'll be out to prove themselves and prove us wrong. Don't get me wrong here because I obviously hope we do run away with the lower league titles and get back up quickly, but I don't think it's going to be quite as easy as some people seem to think. They're not going to hand it to us, we'll need to earn it.

Would you rather he said nothing about that lot?

No, I just don't think digs at them in the media/press should be a catalyst for the new owners cheaply earning our trust. That would be crass and I also think that after what's happened it might not be that bad an idea to just ignore the c**ts for a few years unless we draw them in a cup tie.

Zappa I'm impressed with the signings thus far, when Edu disappears into history along with Bedoya I wont lose any sleep.

I kind of agree with you on this mate. I've never really been a fan of Edu, so him leaving doesn't really bother me too much, although I'd like to think that we'll get a transfer fee for him considering we paid two and a half million or something to buy him and there's been a fair amount of interest in him from clubs around Europe in the past year.

In the case of Bedoya, I'm not surprised that he wants to move on because he didn't get a great deal of chances for us in his short time here. We didn't pay a huge amount of money for him, but hopefully we can get a small transfer fee that'll help the club to sign another half decent attacking midfielder.