Ramsden Cup Live

Come on now CG, you really think Green was going to be looking for a new manager when up to Friday night we couldn't even be sure of playing football?

Ally has been a rock throughout this dreadful process, he's stood up for us and more than anyone flies in the face of the idea that this is a 'new club'. Someone of his stature is key to keeping the fans as united as possible, helping the new board get goodwill from the fans, making players stay and persuading people to sign, apart from the Timmy propaganda he is very well respected and no doubt will have played a big part in getting the likes of Ian Black to come and Andy Little to return.

Ability wise he's got enough coaching experience to manage us through these levels with these resources, getting promotions is the key right now. I had plenty of doubts myself about his ability to be a title winning manager and compete in Europe but for now the aims have changed, if down the line where we're looking to win the SPL again and a hard decision needs to be made then i'd accept it, but currently I wouldn't want anyone other than Ally in the job.

Very well put STB. As far as I am concerned he has more than earned his place.

Simplythe best - Yes, he would have known we were playin football at some point, otherwise they wuld not have invested in the lub.

My last word n this is, tonight everybody that is in favour of Ally have said wonderfull things about him as a person but not 1 person has tried to defend him in terms of football management. That says it all.

I did say I think he's got the ability to manage us in these Divisions, and that really is all we can think about right now. We can't plan for an assault on the SPL title until we're actually in that league.

It's that kind of thinking that will mean nothing will change even when were back in the SPL mate.

As i have said, i accept nothing will change and we need to just accept this is what we get now.

It's that kind of thinking that will mean nothing will change even when were back in the SPL mate.

As i have said, i accept nothing will change and we need to just accept this is what we get now.

I disagree, I see no reason to rush this kind of thing, considering Green and co want to make the club profitable I doubt they'll be unwilling to make tough decisions when back in the SPL and (hopefully) Europe.

Right now we can enjoy going through these lower divisions and Ally will (all being well of course, job needs to be done) be remembered as the manager who took us back to the top flight whatever happens.

Guest ibrox64

i am not going to get too excited about 3 years down the road. I would wager on the SPL suffering more, the worst is yet to come for them.

Given the shocking fact that we haven't had a pre season, and our squad has been decimated, I don't think we could have expected much more.

I'm happy with the win, and hopefully with a few more players in, once a core team get used to playing together, I think we'll be fine.

Expectations should be tempered though. Win the Ramsdens Cup, quarter finals in the League Cup and Scottish Cup, and winning Div 3 would be a successful season this year.

Agree that we need to sort out the youth coaching and scouting.

I thought we started quite well but faded badly which is to be expected for our first 90min game for 3 months.

Generally speaking we lacked cohesion and pace which again was always going to happen with no many new players and a few returning from recent injuries and operations.

I thought Barrie Mckay looked very bright early on but was poor after the break (other than a few decent touches). However, he clearly has the potential to do well if he can build on his body strength. The lad McLeod struggled a bit but improved after half-time and I also thought Naismith did well when he came on.

As for the senior players, Wallace did OK as did Black, Little and McCulloch but I was disappointed with Goian, Boca, Broadfoot and Hutton. All four didn't play all that badly but were wasteful in possession, didn't work hard enough off the ball and certainly looked rusty.

Fair enough!

Guest Dutchy

After we scored the goal, we didn't have another shot on target until McCulloch about 15 minutes later, then another five minutes after that with McCulooch again, then 2 more minutes to Broadfoot/Little forcing the keeper to tip over. Although we weren't having much penetration, we held the ball better in the first half.

In the second half we started to lose our passing and had the ball taken off us far too easily.

It's obvious that we need more games but we can only improve and I think we will as the season goes on.

There will still be bad games to come, but winning the bad games is what will win trophies, especially promotion.