Now They Want Our Media Rights

Chris McLaughlin ‏@BBCchrismclaug

#Rangers want #SPL to drop their investigation into dual contracts as part of 5 way agreement on #SFA membership #BBCSport

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

5m Chris McLaughlin ‏@BBCchrismclaug

The #SPL are due to pay #SFL their annual £2m settlement fee but say they can't pay unless tv deal is signed. More soon #BBCSport online.

I have a feeling this is going to turn very nasty. The SFA have not budged an inch on sanctions, in fact the transfer ban is worse than the original one we fought in the courts. A compromise would have been to say we had in effect been in a transfer ban since May and it would end next May.

I cannot see the SPL compromising on anything either. They will get their way on TV deals and will shaft us for titles to boot. We can either fight or accept it and I don't know what the club will do. I don't think anyone does.

I have a feeling this is going to turn very nasty. The SFA have not budged an inch on sanctions, in fact the transfer ban is worse than the original one we fought in the courts. A compromise would have been to say we had in effect been in a transfer ban since May and it would end next May.

I cannot see the SPL compromising on anything either. They will get their way on TV deals and will shaft us for titles to boot. We can either fight or accept it and I don't know what the club will do. I don't think anyone does.

All in the name of 'sporting integrity'...........................

Guest Dutchy
Chris McLaughlin ‏@BBCchrismclaug

The #SPL are due to pay #SFL their annual £2m settlement fee but say they can't pay unless tv deal is signed. More soon #BBCSport online.

This seems to be the crux of the matter, not sporting interity, just palin old money.

I'm sure I heard, or read that the deal to pay the SFL was hatched to allow the SPL to be formed, it had nothing to to with TV deals. If that is the case, the SPL cannot renage on a deal that swa them created in the first place, just because things have not worked out the way they'd hoped.

I'm a bit amazed, if you can be such a thing, that no SFL chairmen have given a statement on this. Something is up, alright.

Well, wasn't this made on Friday eve? Give them a weekend to dwell over this ere we harass the SFL bosses. They will sure "love" this turn of events after being bullied into the membership debate.

The transfer ban is better now than it was previously. At least now we will have enough players.

SFL expecting SPL to bid for rights to Gers matches

The Scottish Football League (SFL) is willing to consider any offer from the Scottish Premier League (SPL) for the rights to Rangers matches in the Irn-Bru Third Division this season.

SFL chief executive David Longmuir said the SPL would be treated like any other bidder should they choose to put forward an offer.

The issue of media contracts is reportedly hampering the Ibrox club's bid for membership of the Scottish Football Association (SFA).

Mr Longmuir told Press Association Sport: "We will look at the options we have on Monday and Tuesday. If the SPL happen to be one of the bidders we will assess that as well. They are at liberty to pitch to us as anyone else. I am comfortable that we will get there this week."

The SFL's media agents, IMG, have invited bids from interested parties with a Monday deadline and it is understood the SPL will be one of the bidders.

The possible stripping of titles is seen as another obstacle. Malcolm Murray, chairman of Rangers newco, said the club had already accepted a 12-month registration embargo from the governing body "under duress".

Before signing the membership agreement with the governing body, the Ibrox club reportedly want the SPL to drop their investigation into alleged dual contracts while the SPL are said to have their own concerns with regards to the SFL and Rangers' media rights.

Although broadcasters have made no comment about the matter, it is believed the £2m annual settlement paid by the top-flight clubs to the SFL could be under threat should Rangers' rights not be part of any deal. There has to be a five-way agreement between the SFA, SPL, SFL, Rangers oldco and Rangers newco before any deal is sanctioned.

Should they gain SFA membership, the Ibrox side are due to play their first match against Brechin in the Ramsdens Cup next weekend.

Rangers manager Ally McCoist insisted on Saturday that he would not accept the removal of any silverware from Ibrox.

http://local.stv.tv/glasgow/111969-s...ngers-matches/