Black: Iâ??ll be a Div 3 star

What concerns me is he's been out of contract for a couple of months and nobody has made a move to sign him apart from us, Is there issues with his fitness or something else we don't know about that is stopping other clubs from making a move ?

Why did Hearts not offer him a new deal ?

A fit Black would stroll the SFL

Methinks we inquired about him pretty early and as opposed to some known Rangers fans in our previous squad, he is ready to wait till there is a final decision about our league and standing. He's made it clear that he wants to sign and thus, other suitors probably did not even try. IMHO, should we be unable to get him, he will be signed up by another SPL team or one in the English lower leagues, no problem.

Alright, I admit that is quite a good statement about the other players. And I admit that we need any player we can get!

But it still sticks in the throat, the idea of him wearing a Rangers shirt. Not as if we haven't had dirty players down the years, but I do find it hard to forget what he did to Jelavic.

If his tackle hadn't injured Jela and put him out for several months we wouldn't even talk about the incident. Yes, he's quite a 'dirty' player as we call it these days, but 25 to 30 years ago he'd probably have been called a lightweight. You don't even need to go back as far as that to find harder tacklers than Black in our squad.

In Division 3? Will be difficult.

I meant the type of person, not standard of player. I think we can do better. He's from the same town as Frankie, Ian, Johnny and other guys on here and in the past none of them wanted to see him in a Rangers shirt because of the type of person he is, so I don't see why that would change.

Also, why does such an experienced 27 year old Hearts midfielder only have two caps for the Scotland B squad? Not exactly Mr. Popular is he?

Don't know if we can do better for div 3. We need 27 year olds with only 2 caps for Scotland and not much chance of another. They are the kind of players who have no illusions about playing in the Premiership, Champions League or World Cup and as we know players value money more than anything. I can see how a player like that would take a better wage than he had at Hearts to have an easy ride in the 3rd, 2nd and 1st divisions.

£300k+ a year to stroll around the league for your team while winning most games must be the easiest money around. When players say they want to "test themselves" what they mean is they want more money as they often end up at the likes of Cardiff. Money talks and football ambition is a luxury for most.

We won't keep full internationalists but SPL journeymen should be easy to sign and it's what we need to get back to the SPL - although we may need a few better players to make sure of the final promotion.

The guy is 27 and will have three years of being a first choice player on a top non-OF SPL wage and then probably still be competing for a place in the SPL.

I'm sure we can find a fair few like him.