Squad For 2012-2013 Season

Is Darren Cole still around? He could play at RB and put Broadfoot in beside Perry with Wallace at LB. Hemmings and Jig up front possibly? We still need half a squad after that :D

Cole's under contract for another year and I think he's still with us, but we might struggle to hold on to the likes of him and Perry given that they're both Scotland U21 players. If we CAN keep them then I think your back line is spot on. Broadfoot and Perry would be a high class central defence for Div 3 & 2. If we're in Division 3 I think we'll struggle to keep Broadfoot & Wallace too though.

Is Darren Cole still around? He could play at RB and put Broadfoot in beside Perry with Wallace at LB. Hemmings and Jig up front possibly? We still need half a squad after that :D

According to Wikipedia, he's still there!!!

According to Wikipedia, he's still there!!!

According to Willie Vass he's still with us. ;)

I0000ugHePnLLVrU.jpg

Darren Cole arrives at Murray Park (Willie Vass)

Copyright: 2012 Willie Vass

More...

Edit - That's from the Willie Vass RSS feed on the 28th June when the players reported back to training at Auchenhowie. - http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?44285-Rangers-report-back-28th-June-2012-by-Willie-Vass

Edited by Zappa

Just want to add that which of our players stay with us for next season is almost completely back in the hands of the SFA & SPL. If they decide to allow Friday's vote by the SFL clubs to stand and we are indeed playing in Division 3, then we're definitely going to lose more of our remaining players. We need to know ASAP because if there's a further exodus of players there's obviously going to be an even bigger squad rebuilding job required in a very short space of time.

Just want to add that which of our players stay with us for next season is almost completely back in the hands of the SFA & SPL. If they decide to allow Friday's vote by the SFL clubs to stand and we are indeed playing in Division 3, then we're definitely going to lose more of our remaining players. We need to know ASAP because if there's a further exodus of players there's obviously going to be an even bigger squad rebuilding job required in a very short space of time.

I probably shouldn't be assuming anything after the mess that keeps getting bigger week on week but do you think we'll get to know what we need to tomorrow after the SPL meeting?

I probably shouldn't be assuming anything after the mess that keeps getting bigger week on week but do you think we'll get to know what we need to tomorrow after the SPL meeting?

you would like to think so but I don't think its guaranteed.

Hard to say, but I doubt if it'll get sorted out tomorrow because incompetents are running the game and I think they'll probably be trying to save their own jobs tomorrow rather than sorting this mess out. There's only two things they could do tomorrow which would give us a definitive answer to where we'll be playing next season. One is for the SFA & SPL boards to stamp their authority (and backtrack) by granting that our SPL share and SFA membership will be transferred and that we'll be playing in the SPL. They won't do that. The other is for the SFA & SPL to accept the SFL's decision and announce that we'll definitely be playing in SFL3. I don't think they'll do that either.

The way events have been unfolding it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the SFA hold off until transfer deadline day to decide whether or not we can register players.

Don't give them ideas FFS!