Fifa world rankings - top 20

1. Spain 2. Germany 3. Uruguay 4. England 5. Portugal 6. Italy 7. Argentina 8. Netherlands 9. Croatia 10. Denmark 11. Brazil 12. Greece 13. Russia 14. France 15. Chile 16. Ivory Coast 17. Sweden 18. Czech Republic 19. Mexico 20. Japan

Selected others: 26. Republic of Ireland 38. Wales 49. Scotland 102. Northern Ireland

England above Italy, a side who absolutely battered them 0-0 last week. But even more laughable they are above Brazil and Argentina.

Just shows what nonsense these rankings are at times. They can be useful to see improvements like when Berti Vogts took us to about 70th then Walter came in and put us right up to 17th or thereabouts, but the accuracy has to be way off in exact places.

Spain, Germany, Uruguay, Portugal, Italy, Argentina and Croatia deserve top 10 places, the dutch can probably also but had a disasterous Euros.

Guest Dutchy

As my adopted nation, I agree the Dutch should be there and what a terrible perfomance that Euros was for them.

Other than that, i don't pay attention to these rankings unless Scotland are going up and even then, it's not that important to me

I used to bemoan our lack of ability in getting past the group stages of the finals, now, we can't even get to them!!!