RFFF meeting with fans reps - 4/7/12

Not wishing to pick on semantics but i would see it as a measure os a persons integrity if when agreeing to a course of action ( or not answering when asked a specific opinion) that that is followed through despite personal thoughts clouding the issue.

I think I get your meaning Shuggie, but whether you agree/disagree with the wholes course of action, if you stay within that whole when they agree on something that goes against everything you believe in you are putting your integrity to one side on that point, if not you walk away with your integrity intact.

That's my take on it anyway.

One would have thought, that unlike politicians, a group of Rangers fans in our darkest times, could somehow put aside personal or counterproductive differences for the greater goal of our clubs very survival. Mayby, however I an still a niave optimistic fool?

I don't doubt where you're coming from but the very act of putting aside their own beliefs for the greater good does require integrity to be compromised that shouldn't be taken as indictment on those doing so it's just a side effect of the process. There comes a time we all have to put integrity to the side but that in itself doesn't make us bad people.

Guest shuggie
I think I get your meaning Shuggie, but whether you agree/disagree with the wholes course of action, if you stay within that whole when they agree on something that goes against everything you believe in you are putting your integrity to one side on that point, if not you walk away with your integrity intact.

As purely a hypothetical example of course, if you are specifically asked an opinion in respect of a matter and choose for whatever reason not to state your belief or view and a subsequent agreement is made by all other parties does this not leave this point of personal integrity to the side. Woul you thereafter not be obliged to go along with this point. Of course in reality this would never happen.

The Assembly is well represented and included in the RFFF as far as I am aware and is working with other members of the RFFF for the betterment of the club. Much like it done with the Working Group and other cross-group initiatives.

That was fine when the RFFF was meeting to perform one specific function. The working group could have got more involved in matters outside its remit but chose not to, as you are aware. The RFFF has now taken over some of the responsibilities of the Assembly, it seems.

No fan organisation should be funded by the club, that way they can't be accused of collusion.

Collusion is probably a bit harsh but you get my drift.

How much do they get and what is it used for?

If you take the Hamburg model, then they sell the away tickets and get the commission towards their running costs.

Good question. The guys in question (Jardine & Hannah) offered to be involved when it was a fund-raising initiative primarily, and have obviously continued to be involved now that the remit has been extended.

Who and on what or whose authority was it determined that their remit had been extended?

Is this remit published anywhere?

The latter has to be sacrificed for the former to work.

I don't often disagree with you FS but I have to on this occasion.

On the contrary, collective responsibility only with works with people of integrity.

It is essential to the doctrine of collective responsibility that all concerned have the integrity to accept majority decisions or resign their positions.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I'm not sure that that's right GA.

Collective responsibility in this context means that each individual is required to publicly support the decision taken by the majority even if privately they disagree with them.

However, I don't think that involves a loss of integrity.

One aspect of integrity is having high moral values and I think it is arguable that one way to demonstrate that is by putting the good of the Club ahead of one's own personal beliefs.

JMHO.

Who and on what or whose authority was it determined that their remit had been extended?

Is this remit published anywhere?

At the meeting of fans reps which was held with around 150 reps in attendance. It was well documented at the time.