RFFF meeting with fans reps - 4/7/12

Good question. The guys in question (Jardine & Hannah) offered to be involved when it was a fund-raising initiative primarily, and have obviously continued to be involved now that the remit has been extended.

For me, I have no problem with them as they have both shown over the last few months that they clearly want what is best for the club above all other things. I have no doubt it would be a very difficult position for them to be in if the RFFF found Green to be up to no good, and it would then be up to them to decide how best to continue, probably by resigning from either the committee or their jobs. Until that day comes I suppose we have to thank them for their involvement and hard work and have no reason to doubt their integrity. (theres that feckin word again!)

Not for a second doubting their integrity and apologise if the question could have been construed as so.

It was meant to be more along the lines of by being both on the RFFF committee and by virtue of being paid employees of the club a perception (whether real or imagined) of them having a conflict of interest. As you have stated the original remit has expanded far beyond what was originally intended.

Oh how much simpler would life be if we had one proper fans organisation....:)

Not for a second doubting their integrity and apologise if the question could have been construed as so.

It was meant to be more along the lines of by being both on the RFFF committee and by virtue of being paid employees of the club a perception (whether real or imagined) of them having a conflict of interest. As you have stated the original remit has expanded far beyond what was originally intended.

Oh how much simpler would life be if we had one proper fans organisation....:)

This could be the time for such a thing to materialise, we can but hope.

Guest shuggie
so they vote on an issue then swallow their own feelings regardless?

if that's the case no one who's on any other committee can really be on the rfff.

So I take ot that you have no notion of the concepts of cabinet/collective responsibility and integrity?

Guest shuggie
The latter has to be sacrificed for the former to work.

I would have thought that the latter was a essential ingredient to collective responsibility. Without integrity nothing works. I do not perceive to know the individual or individuals who did not apparently follow such an agreement and therefore do not feel free to add personalised comments. i will be attentive on Wednesday however.

I would have thought that the latter was a essential ingredient to collective responsibility. Without integrity nothing works. I do not perceive to know the individual or individuals who did not apparently follow such an agreement and therefore do not feel free to add personalised comments. i will be attentive on Wednesday however.

Ones personal integrity will have to at sometime not all the time, have to be placed to one side for the good of the whole.

Or you walk away but then have no say in anything, it's a fine balancing act and very few can pull it off.

Guest shuggie
Ones personal integrity will have to at sometime not all the time have to placed to one side for the good of the whole.

Not wishing to pick on semantics but i would see it as a measure os a persons integrity if when agreeing to a course of action ( or not answering when asked a specific opinion) that that is followed through despite personal thoughts clouding the issue.

If the latter was paramount then there would have to be a new cabinet every time somebody disagreed with a decision witness both the Tories and LibDems throwing their integrity our of the window when they jumped into bed together. Integrity is a noble virtue but as we're seeing on a daily basis those claiming it are merely paying it lip service.

Guest shuggie
If the latter was paramount then there would have to be a new cabinet every time somebody disagreed with a decision witness both the Tories and LibDems throwing their integrity our of the window when they jumped into bed together. Integrity is a noble virtue but as we're seeing on a daily basis those claiming it are merely pay it lip service.

One would have thought, that unlike politicians, a group of Rangers fans in our darkest times, could somehow put aside personal or counterproductive differences for the greater goal of our clubs very survival. Mayby, however I an still a niave optimistic fool?