Aside from the rights or wrongs of Ness leaving, Stoke do seem a strange choice of club to join. Ness, if he could stay fit, a big if, would flourish in a technical league on the continent, France or Holland for example, I don't think he has the experience or physicality to play in the EPL.

I wish him all the best.

I wouldn't have transferred across to NewCo because I would have worries about what would have happened next - whether it is Charles or Bomber or Colonel Mustard who was in charge. The club is a total shambles and if I had the chance to get out I'd have taken it. If I, who's been going since 1985ish feel that way, how can I blame someone starting out on their career?

Yes, staying then leaving for a fee would have been better but in the circumstances, I don't blame anyone for doing a runner. It's hard to take, but understandable.

Total cop out mate, these guys have been taking £m's from the club and they fuck off asap. Sorry but i just think your point is rubbish.

Total cop out mate, these guys have been taking £m's from the club and they fuck off asap. Sorry but i just think your point is rubbish.

You reckon Jamie Ness has taken millions out of the club ? Haha.

And why is it a cop out ? Because you say so. I bet there is more than just a small amount of us fans who would do the same.

He will have taken a hell of alot of money or has he been playing for free?

How much do you think he was on ? You said millions, that suggests at least TWO million.

He would have needed to have been on 10 grand a week for 4 years to make that much - ohhh, and lets not forget that he would have had 50% tax to pay too, so to actually TAKE millione out he would have needed to be on 10 grand for 8 years.

Some salary for a 13 yr old.

How much do you think he was on ? You said millions, that suggests at least TWO million.

He would have needed to have been on 10 grand a week for 4 years to make that much - ohhh, and lets not forget that he would have had 50% tax to pay too, so to actually TAKE millione out he would have needed to be on 10 grand for 8 years.

Some salary for a 13 yr old.

I said players have taken £m's not Ness on his own, think you need to read the thread before typing mate.

While I understand why most of the players are leaving, it doesn't stop me feeling a bit resentful towards them. Perhaps it's not fair on them to feel that way but at this point, I can't help it.

Agreed. I think everyone is full of mixed emotions at the moment.