Im Backing Murray

Guest Stan Smith
Finally a forum which respects the views of both sides, FF is an absolute disgrace, unless you agree to shoot murray next time you see him! The Murray debate is a sensible one to have im still prepared to stand by him but recent years events at least merit a debate. However protests and counter protests only serve the intrests of the scottish mhedia and tims

Unite Loyal watp

Donald, I'm a recent member here and I'm a fairly long term poster on FF. Your post, like some I have read, makes a sweeping and grossly unfair generalisation and is frankly not true. FF may have its share of posters who have long since been aware of what David Murray has/hasn't been doing, but please, don't mug off something because you haven't fancied a thread or a tone.

Welcome to here.I, like you enjoy debate and am finding this site pretty good. But slagging off FF is just a wee bit disingenuous. Open minds and blue hearts.

Aye

Donald, I'm a recent member here and I'm a fairly long term poster on FF. Your post, like some I have read, makes a sweeping and grossly unfair generalisation and is frankly not true. FF may have its share of posters who have long since been aware of what David Murray has/hasn't been doing, but please, don't mug off something because you haven't fancied a thread or a tone.

Welcome to here.I, like you enjoy debate and am finding this site pretty good. But slagging off FF is just a wee bit disingenuous. Open minds and blue hearts.

Aye

just to clarify the admin's stance on this:

we are against censorship of personal opinion, and also against disparagement of fellow bears. sometimes these two things can come into conflict, and in these cases we try to be guided by common sense. mostly, we just like to allow the conversation or debate to run, as long as it is civil.

in this case i think donald's comments aren't an over the top attack on fellow bears, and your response is firm but civil, and leaves the discussion open to healthy debate.

but i would say to everyone that wholesale slagging of members of FF is not on. it is sometimes an easy hate target, but in these days we need all the unity we can get.

cheers,

barry

Murray has done good for Rangers in the past IMO but he has put us where we are now which is in a fine mess both on and off the park and seems to care more about his other businesses first which to me is not good enough for the chairman of Rangers Football Club full stop.

If he loved Rangers for anything other than money and power he would sell up and move on and let someone who wants to take us forward take over. Sadly I can't see that happening in the near future.

He certainly doesn't give a toss for us supporters who love this club more than he could ever dream of doing.

:sigh:

Guest Stan Smith
just to clarify the admin's stance on this:

we are against censorship of personal opinion, and also against disparagement of fellow bears. sometimes these two things can come into conflict, and in these cases we try to be guided by common sense. mostly, we just like to allow the conversation or debate to run, as long as it is civil.

in this case i think donald's comments aren't an over the top attack on fellow bears, and your response is firm but civil, and leaves the discussion open to healthy debate.

but i would say to everyone that wholesale slagging of members of FF is not on. it is sometimes an easy hate target, but in these days we need all the unity we can get.

cheers,

barry

Just read this, I think you left out my marks out of 100! (only thing missing!)

Back to the thread, if DM was to get interested again and back the fans up i'm sure the Rangers fans would back him up.He has the solution in his own hands IMO, he could take us forward,[ if he wanted to], and i think that's the biggest complaint from most fans....he just doesn't seem interested any more

Back to the thread, if DM was to get interested again and back the fans up i'm sure the Rangers fans would back him up.He has the solution in his own hands IMO, he could take us forward,[ if he wanted to], and i think that's the biggest complaint from most fans....he just doesn't seem interested any more

I agree with that Ian. Even if he would say our aim is no debt, every penny above will be given to the manager i would say that he is doing his best for the club and we could at least see the light at the end of the tunnel even if it would take one or two years. As things are now it just seems he is laughing all the way to the bank.

I admire your balls for the backlash you're about to recieve from some.

I saw the press conference earlier, and he was indeed saying all the right things.

But people's problem with Murray is that saying and doing the right hings are completely different.

He said f*** all.

"Stick together....Rangers family....give us time...."

Same old, same old....vineyards worth �£14m bought in last fortnight, we have no centre half worthy of the name, and no-one to lead the line in a 4-2-3-1 system.

Also the money wasted over the years was OURS, not his own.

I am sitting on the fence over the whole Murray debate, on the one hand no one can dispute we have enjoyed some great times during his reign e.g NIAR, Last 16 and a few trebles. He has also continually IMO pulled out all the stops to keep Rangers moving forward both domestically and in Europe, especially by attracting two of best European coaches ( DA and PLG) to the SPL.

Obviously Murray has many flaws, constantly letting the media drag the Rangers name through the mud with no opposition or sanctions on the bias journos. Also his empty promises over the years (For every £5 celtic spend.....) and ( point 3 in the false murray thread).

For me though it boils down to better the devil you know, I would much rather Murray at the helm than a Mad Vlad type.

P.s Point 2 in the false murray thread I feel is a bit unfair on DM. I think if PLG wasn't the worst kept secret ever many would have stopped speculating after he was unveiled and near enough every Rangers fan expected Le Guen to bring a "moonbeam" of success.

For every �£5 celtic spend.....) and ( point 3 in the false murray thread).....P.s Point 2 in the false murray thread I feel is a bit unfair on DM. I think if PLG wasn't the worst kept secret ever many would have stopped speculating after he was unveiled and near enough every Rangers fan expected Le Guen to bring a "moonbeam" of success.

yay. people are using the thread already! ;) i'll mark that one as disputed.

Whilst your disputing point 2, I'd like to dispute point 3.

"There is going to be a major financial input into the club"

Whatever way you look at it, £18m is a major input. Albeit spread over 10 years worth of installments but there are add-ons depending on sales etc.