ESPN UK to show Canadian football (gridiron)

Guest ayrshireranger

"Most Canadian CFL players never try. Why would they?. They are Canadian. To play in the CFL is their dream. Just as American boys want to play in the NFL. "

That is like saying "why do Scottish players want to play in the EPL. Why would they ? They are Scottish".

You know the answer to that as well as I do. the BIG money is in the NFL. Sure, some will stay loyal to the Canadian game but you can guarantee that if they got the chance to go to the NFL they would. The money is south of the border.

I tell you what I WILL give you. CFL is certainly entertaining in that 3 down football is fun to watch.

We'll agree to disagree. I have been an NFL fan for 30 years too and I have PLENTY of friends who have GROWN UP with the CFL, and still support a CFL team. Why ? because they are Canadian. And guess what..... they also think the CFL is shite.

For a few years now Canadians have been the first to jump down the throats of the CFL due to a poor product and woeful marketing of that product.

Competing with the NFL is impossible due to the way the Americans promote the NFL brand and the money thrown at it is crazy.

I've lived in Canada 33yrs. now and i'll readily admit that i was baffled by 3 down Football and there was a time when the CFL was not taken to seriously here but over the past two or three years that has changed to the point for the upcoming season,which starts this weekend,the marketing has been to a standard i have'nt seen before and public interest is slowly climbing back on the bandwagon.

If,given a chance,the game has great entertainment value and can be very entertaining.