As someone on Twitter just said can we expect Cowlairs, Third Lanark and Clydebank to object to us becoming a defunct team soon! So that's two clubs objected to us joining a league we've not applied to join. I await Real Madrid's statement saying we can't join La Liga...

Again the only fans not consulted in this whole sorry mess are ours.

I think its only natural that those clubs who believe they have a chance of winning the SFL1 this coming season would not want to be competing for the one automatic promotion place with Rangers.

The proper answer, if this fudge of "letting" us into Div 1 to save the SPL's SKY money is to be the preferred route, would be to allow 2 up 2 down between the leagues, then the rest of the SFL1 clubs have a better chance than they had before of getting into the SPL, plus the exposure of being in the same league as Rangers for at least 1 season.

I could see most SFL1 clubs being ok with that, "sporting integrity" aside of course.

Fantastic. That moves everything on, doesn't it.

The inability of anyone in the game to do ANYTHING is beyond belief. What is it about Scottish football that attracts useless twats (and yes I appreciate the irony!)?

More meetings to discuss more f#^king meetings. :throwpc:

Shambles from top to bottom the rest of Europe must be watching this in disbelief, the SFA would do well to remember they want to host UEFA's Euro 2020, what chance that when you see the mess they've got themselves into with this.

Am I the only person who thinks it is increasingly likely we won't be playing in any league this coming season? The antipathy towards us from almost every club in Scotland now is in danger of becoming overwhelming.

I understand we need the support of 75% of the SFL clubs to be allowed entry to that league. By my maths that's 22 clubs of the 29 current SFL clubs (assuming one from Div 1 is promoted to replace us in the SPL). So unless I'm wrong only 7 need to say no to us and we're not playing anywhere next season. Already Raith Rovers (who are pissed at us over the naming of their director on the SFA panel) and Falkirk have said no to us going into Div 1. Fair enough. But what if the fans of enough other clubs start this sporting integrity bollocks and campaign against their directors. I could easily see Thistle fans pushing for a 'no' just out of spite, perhaps Clyde too. Suddenly we're at 4 clubs saying 'no'. The SPL clubs have already shown us that doing what's sensible isn't always how Scottish football fans think. How about some of the other larger Div 1 clubs like Morton and Dundee, might they say 'no' because it is currently fashionable to join a suicide pact?

Many smaller clubs would certainly welcome the windfall our presence would bring, but if it only needs 7 of them to say no then we're by no means through this yet.

(posted it in the Ness thread by mistake)

Guest Big Bill

If the SPL really want Rangers in the first division, surley all they have to do is deduct 100 points from last seasons total? This would result in Dunfermline staying up and Rangers being relegated.