Rapid Vienna report Rangers to Fifa over Nikica Jelavic debt

The CW takeover is the subject of a criminal investigation.

Presumably the culpability of all subsequent actions are also dependant on that.

If the "story" is correct, then it goes against the moral line that I would want Rangers to be taking.

However, looking back on the rest of the "stories" over the past year, its veracity a very big IF.

always going to happen. just another thing d&p should have listened to tbk on.

Why? What difference would that have made?

Also I thought everyone would know that they would be looking for their money. It's hardly a TBK exclusive.

Or are you now just trolling?

The point is ... football clubs are no different than other creditors. FIFA or UEFA will not get a special dispensation because they represent the football branch of business. If they say we will punish you unless you pay, every other creditor could happen by and say alike. Not that the latter's punishment would do us any tangible harm. If FIFA/UEFA threaten us any further, I would assume there will be some European Law in our favour, not theirs.

In contrast, if Rapid report us to FIFA/UEFA, both organisations will have to draw their attention to the fraud that befell us (and something that could have happened to any othert club). If anything, they can also lay their blame at the doorstep of SDM, Lloyds, and Whyte, not the club that is being made to pay here.

Guest Dutchy
The club purchased him though, not Whyte. Whyte may have sold him and Whyte may be the route to all our ills but the purchasing, registration and sale of Jelavic was done under the guises of RFC.

In other words, the slur will be left with us, Rangers.

I was meaning it was whyte that didn't pay the oustanding £1 million, like a few other things he didn't pay.

True though, Rangers get tarred with his actions.

Having checked over the CVA proposal again it seems quite clear that the money for outstanding player transfer fees for players sold on or before 12 May 2012 would be payable to creditors no matter the outcome of the CVA. Newco and liquidation would still see this money payed into creditors pot.

Newco doesn't get a penny of it as it's not seen as a fixed charge asset.

Not sure why Rapid Vienna think otherwise. :hm:

Cant say I disagree in all honesty. We buy Jelavic but only part pay, then liquidate and still collect the full sell-on price. Something stinks in that scenario.

I thought it was normal accountancy... but then a lot of accountancy stinks. :fish:

To pay creditors the best amount, debt have to be collected and put in the pot. The creditors then share the pot...

I can't see the problem in business terms.

In football terms that's another story and it could affect our transfer credit rating.

I must say, they sound like a bunch of total wanks. 'I don't know how it is done is Scotland'...prick. If he doesn't know we're a basket case by now he should be sacked; but since he does, and is taking a cheap shot at Scotland, I shall do likewise:

Not taking abuse friom the country that failed to appreciate Mozart and gave the world Hitler and Waldheim.

Why? What difference would that have made?

Also I thought everyone would know that they would be looking for their money. It's hardly a TBK exclusive.

Or are you now just trolling?

bids should have reflected the fact that football debt will have to be settled.