Southampton in for Davis

Southampton are increasing their efforts to lure crisis club Rangers' captain Steven Davis to the South Coast.

Saints boss Nigel Adkins is hoping the financial turmoil at the Glasgow giants could open the door for him to snap up the 27-year-old midfielder for a bargain fee of £2million.

Premier League-bound Saints will offer to make Davis their top earner in a bid to persuade him to leave *Scotland.

Adkins is a long-term admirer of the Northern Ireland star and has been monitoring his situation at Ibrox.

Not sure if 2m is enough but all players will be undervalued anyway.

It's still not been clarified if the players even have a binding contract with us which is worrying. I fact it defies all logic that this wasn't investigated fully by the club or pfa months ago when liquidation was clearly an option.

the price. former spl player of the year. captain and 4 years left on his deal.

bid should be starting at 4.

They would be if we weren't in the shitter, we would do the same if the positions were reversed.

I hope we get 2mill I think he will walk for Hee Haw.

Guest Dutchy
Not sure if 2m is enough but all players will be undervalued anyway.

True, but i thought they could walk away for a reduced fee because they took a huge wage decrease.

To pay for the admins fees, as far as I can see.