Smith consortium withdrawing bid ??!

OK, so we'll make that a 24 year plan instead then? Personally, I think we'd be better off just going off to our pre-season in Germany and staying there.

24 years out to reach the premiership would be great fun. what a journey.

I would take that for sure. though a more sensible route would be nice no mater how unlikely it is.

24 years out to reach the premiership would be great fun. what a journey.

I would take that for sure. though a more sensible route would be nice no mater how unlikely it is.

German league pyramid has only quarter that of English. Just think, 6 years and we could be playing in the Bundesliga :D

Have to say that I'm not surprised at all about Walter, McColl & co stepping back for the time being. Nobody in their right mind would hand Green's consortium double what they paid for the assets last week until it's known what sanctions the SPL & SFA are going to hammer us with. I'm sure various parties will be willing and able to step in when the timing is right if Green & co get cold feet and want out.

Have to say that I'm not surprised at all about Walter, McColl & co stepping back for the time being. Nobody in their right mind would hand Green's consortium double what they paid for the assets last week until it's known what sanctions the SPL & SFA are going to hammer us with. I'm sure various parties will be willing and able to step in when the timing is right if Green & co get cold feet and want out.

Or maybe yet more rich 'fans' just didn't want to put in serious money? Money that to the likes of McColl is pocket change.

Or maybe yet more rich 'fans' just didn't want to put in serious money? Money that to the likes of McColl is pocket change.

How do we know what's "pocket change" to McColl? Seriously.

People were coming away with comments like that about Brian Kennedy too, but the fact of the matter is that none of us actually know how much (let's call it 'spare') cash these guys have available to them.

It's easy enough to sit and say "he's minted man, he should have forked out the cash if he really cared", but it's a bit more complicated than that.

People were coming away with comments like that about Brian Kennedy too, but the fact of the matter is that none of us actually know how much (let's call it 'spare') cash these guys have available to them.

It's easy enough to sit and say "he's minted man, he should have forked out the cash if he really cared", but it's a bit more complicated than that.

You seen how rich he is? Not difficult to find out.

It was always going to take at least a fairly decent profit to make the Green consortium hand over their investment so quickly, 6 million was a joke.

It was always going to take at least a fairly decent profit to make the Green consortium hand over their investment so quickly, 6 million was a joke.

We all know that £6m was too low an offer to be accepted by Green's consortium, but I think they bid that amount knowing full well that we're not in any way guaranteed to still be in the SPL next season, that we might be losing some valuable player assets for nothing or peanuts and that we could also be losing some sponsorship deals. The newco route taken has devalued the club considerably and the owners are going to have to invest money and lose that money in order to get the club back to where it was. Walter, McColl and co will probably have hoped that Green's consortium were willing to walk for a small profit and allow people to take over who were willing to take a financial hit by making a loss in order to keep the club in a position of strength in terms of the playing squad.

Interesting that you mention BK. Where did he disappear to?.

He said himself that he was willing to throw some money behind the Miller bid in order to get the CVA over the line, in other words make an offer to creditors that would have made it difficult for HMRC to block.

Did he not like the idea of working with McColl? Did he have to be THE money man in any partnership? Why could these guys not have got together from square one to save the club? They had more than enough time to do so and for whatever reason didn't.

I'll be honest and say that if McColl and Kennedy had joined forces. I wouldn't have cared how much was coming from spare change and how much was being loaned from the banks because at the end of the day they're both good for it.

Trouble is that neither, despite being given ample opportunity, really stuck their necks out for the club.

Interesting that you mention BK. Where did he disappear to?.

He said himself that he was willing to throw some money behind the Miller bid in order to get the CVA over the line, in other words make an offer to creditors that would have made it difficult for HMRC to block.

Did he not like the idea of working with McColl? Did he have to be THE money man in any partnership? Why could these guys not have got together from square one to save the club? They had more than enough time to do so and for whatever reason didn't.

I'll be honest and say that if McColl and Kennedy had joined forces. I wouldn't have cared how much was coming from spare change and how much was being loaned from the banks because at the end of the day they're both good for it.

Trouble is that neither, despite being given ample opportunity, really stuck their necks out for the club.

I assume Kennedy's not needed with mccoll in there. after all interest on mccolls fortune is likely to.be a million a month. something Kennedy can't match.

I would still liked to have seen Kennedy in there mind you. smart guy and seriously rich. plus he brings souness which a lot of fans liked.