Walter Smith leads bid to buy Rangers

Doh! :facepalm:

Cheers FS! :tu:

Btw, regarding the new chairman Murray's interview on RangersTV, did anyone else think that he wasn't at all positive about Ally as manager?

....And despite being very 'knowing and trusting' of Zeus Capital, much like Green, he was strangely disguised in his mention of them as if only Ahmad was being appointed to the board on their behalf.

I was willing to sit on the fence and give the Green consortium the benefit of the doubt, but now that our new 'bluenose chairman' has had his say I have to admit something doesn't quite sit right here.

Can one of our trusted members please put my mind at ease and vouch for this guy Murray?

Doh! :facepalm:

Cheers FS! :tu:

Btw, regarding the new chairman Murray's interview on RangersTV, did anyone else think that he wasn't at all positive about Ally as manager?

Also, to respond to your question regarding his stance on Ally McCoist:

1. He named Stein as his idol... "Not Ally McCoist"

2. He then said no nonsense would be tolerated from his staff - I would assume with regards to McCoist backing Smith.

3. When directly questioned about McCoist he said he knew Ally and referred to him as "unreliable" before going on to say how he had been trying (without success) to get a hold of him.

Not looking good at all.

....And despite being very 'knowing and trusting' of Zeus Capital, much like Green, he was strangely disguised in his mention of them as if only Ahmad was being appointed to the board on their behalf.

I was willing to sit on the fence and give the Green consortium the benefit of the doubt, but now that our new 'bluenose chairman' has had his say I have to admit something doesn't quite sit right here.

Can one of our trusted members please put my mind at ease and vouch for this guy Murray?

Just watched the interview came a cross as a decent enough guy but was hardly inspiring, seemed a bit of an antidote to Greens blunderbuss style. Of course there is the possibility he's just another Gordon Smith style fig-leaf.

Just watched the interview came a cross as a decent enough guy but was hardly inspiring, seemed a bit of an antidote to Greens blunderbuss style. Of course there is the possibility he's just another Gordon Smith style fig-leaf.

It was an up and down sort of interview. His comments regarding the guys from Zeus Capital (even though he tried to hide the plural) seem to suggest they've been brought in on his recommendation. That coupled with a previous 25% shareholding in Man Utd (was that his shareholding BTW?) which also was linked to Zeus via flotation, indicates that he could be the puppet master as opposed to the puppet

Edited by UCF2008

It was an up and down sort of interview. His comments regarding the guys from Zeus Capital (even though he tried to hide the plural) seem to suggest they've been brought in on his recommendation. That coupled with a previous 25% shareholding in Man Utd (was that his shareholding BTW?) which also was linked to Zeus via flotation, indicates that he could be the puppet master as opposed to the puppet

Pretty certain it wasn't a personal holding but rather an investment company's.

One of the main players in Zeus Capital has been a director of a fair few medical related companies as has Green (haven't cross referenced them yet).

Pretty certain it wasn't a personal holding but rather an investment company's.

One of the main players in Zeus Capital has been a director of a fair few medical related companies as has Green (haven't cross referenced them yet).

Looking at their website they do seem to have their paws in a variety of sectors. Some of the names did look strangely familiar when I was looking at completed transactions earlier, but didn't see any mention of football related business. Possibly doesn't go back that far mind you.

On a side note... Is it just me or does our new financial director look like he's just stepped off the set of Mad Men?

team_brian_new.jpg