Send â??em down

FURIOUS fans have ordered their clubs to show no mercy â?? and banish crisis-torn Rangers from the SPL.

Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Dundee United supporters all want them kicked down to the Third Division.

And their outspoken opinions have dramatically raised the stakes for SPL top brass ahead of the crucial ballot.

Dons fansâ?? chief Greig Ingram said: â??We have already made representation to chairman Stewart Milne about how weâ??d like to see him vote.

â??We believe he should vote AGAINST a newco getting into the SPL.

â??Financial considerations should not be the first thing here â?? they should not over-ride integrity and fair play.

â??We keep hearing how financially important Rangers are to the SPL and that they should be given special consideration because of money.

â??But we gave figures to the club and they were scrutinised by the chief executive, who is an accountant, and he did not take issue with them.

â??It only takes 300 season ticket holders to wipe out the benefits of having Rangers in the SPL.

â??The fans should be consulted by every club.

â??If this was any other club than Rangers this debate would not be happening.â?

Derek Watson, chairman of the Hearts Supportersâ?? Trust, echoed Ingramâ??s sentiments.

He said: â??We believe very much that Rangers should be relegated from the SPL and have to work their way back through the divisions again.

â??I donâ??t think the amount of money involved will be massively significant and I think that an SPL without Rangers would bring about more of a challenge at the top.

â??Celtic would probably win the league, but the battle for second place â?? and possibly Champions League football â?? would see the crowds come back.â?

Dundee United followers have already lobbied chairman Stephen Thompson over the thorny issue.

ArabTrust chairman Derek Robertson admitted his groupâ??s attitude towards Gers has been influenced by the way they have handled themselves through the unfolding saga.

He said: â??Itâ??s been a classic example of how not to win friends and influence people.

â??The whole thing has been handled terribly â?? a PR disaster from start to finish.

â??The lack of humility has been astonishing.

â??It has certainly made the mood among people very bad.

â??The level of sympathy towards Rangers, because of the way they have conducted themselves, is going rapidly.

â??Youâ??d be hard pushed to find anyone who thinks a newco should be voted back in.

â??A lot of that is down to their attitude â?? and the bully-boy tactics.â?

Hibs fan chief Mike Riley agreed last night: â??There is only one course they can take and that is not to allow them back into the league.

â??If things are not done right then you donâ??t deserve to be there in the first place.

â??There are a lot of clubs who canâ??t afford to lose the money.

â??But there again, they face losing money anyway because a lot of fans have said they wonâ??t go back to games if Rangers are involved. I honestly believe the majority of clubs will vote against Rangers.

â??The whole thing has been an embarrassment for Scottish football. I can see the fallout from it dragging on for years.

â??I think the majority view among the Hibs supporters is that Rangers should be punished. And punished severely.

â??They have done wrong and should stand up and take whatever comes their way.

â??For them to come back as a newco and go straight back into the SPL would upset a lot of people.

â??I know a lot of Hibs fans who would be very unhappy if that was to be the case.â?

Gers will need eight votes to stay in the top flight when SPL chairmen meet.

Inverness Caley Thistle chairman Kenny Cameron has promised to listen to his fans before casting his vote.

He said: â??I would expect the SPL to call a meeting of the clubs very shortly.

â??It is never good to see a Scottish club going into liquidation and it is a pity that Rangers have come to such a position.

â??We will consider our position and listen to our supporters once the picture becomes clearer.â?

Ross County chairman Roy MacGregor added: â??Rangers need an 8-4 majority but I have no idea how the other clubs will vote because so much has happened since I went to the first meeting.

â??I will listen to all the arguments for and against admitting a newco to the SPL.

â??I am conscious of having to balance fair play with the financial realities of the league.

â??Once I know what all the options are then Iâ??ll think about which way to vote.

â??I have only been to one SPL meeting and, I have to say, everyone left thinking the CVA would go through.

â??But what has happened with HMRC has changed the goalposts dramatically.

â??Iâ??m surprised HMRC rejected the offer but they clearly want to make an example of the decisions made at the club.

â??It now leaves the SPL with a huge decision to make.â?

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4371930/Rival-fans-want-Light-Blues-dumped-in-Div-3.html#ixzz1xj4I6OBA

I am actually getting to the point where we should just take this decision out of their hands and apply to the lower leagues as a newco. Let them lose their tv money and big gate receipts. Sick to death of this now.

“Financial considerations should not be the first thing here — they should not over-ride integrity and fair play.

Aberdeen fans have shown they don't care about finances in the past since they never even turn up to their own ground! What's their average attendance?

It's all very well saying who cares about money...you will when you have no club left!

I am of the thinking that we should go down the divisions and let the clubs left in the SPL fight for the scraps. The fact these clubs depend on a the OF keeping them afloat in embarrassing tbh. We need to look after our own future and use this is a new start and a new horizon for Rangers FC and restructure our entire operation from top to bottom

I'm not always so gloomy on this topic - we need to go D3 to recover from this desperate illness we're suffering from, and who knows? The other teams may find a better way comes out of it. The only ones who will suffer are 'them', but you'll forgive me if I don't get upset about that.

They are strange in thinking that they will have two CL places. That will likely disappear very quickly and would have done years ago if it wasn't for the efforts of one Rangers FC.

Unless of course the current teams play totally different in Europe than they have done for the past 20 years.