How Green And Investors Could Double Their Money

Perhaps it's just terminology. Yes, everyone should be asking valid questions but I'd say that there's a difference between that and "crying out blue murder".

These people are not emotionally involved (yet). It's just a business opportunity and while asking valid questions will not be an issue, demanding full answers or threatening season ticket boycotts (for example - not saying you were suggesting that) may result in them deciding that the risk is not worth it, in which case newco beckons. People who are genuine walk away from deals for all sorts of reasons all the time.

Normally, patience is a virtue and I appreciate funding isn't always easy to complete at given times. Banks and lawyers are not always quick to work with. Fair enough.

However, two weeks ago you sat next to me as Green said he had £20million in the bank ready for investment into the club. Yet, now he appears (and I appreciate the info may not be reliable - though several people are saying it) that he's struggling to finance his obligations to D&P. Meanwhile, we still knw next to nothing of his plans and those investing. Again, though, patience is a virtue and I understand the dangers associated with revealing one's hand prematurely.

All this is fair enough and arguably part and parcel of a difficult business takeover. Unfortunately, it's the fact we're hearing the same rumours we did about Whyte (albeit belatedly) and the same claims about proof of funds not being available which worries me. That leads us to valid questions and, given the danger, such questions being asked vociferously.

I don't think that is unreasonable when the very future of our club is at stake - newco or not.

So, basically you're saying that people should do what they did with Whyte. That turned out well.

So we should chase off any buyer when the slightest doubts arise? There is a point when you have to suck it and see - especially when most of it is outwith your control.

We shouldn't be that critical just yet. The admins stated that they had/have proof of the funds at the time he made his bid, as well as when the CVA was being ironed out. While there is tangible anxiety and distrust amongst the support, we shouldn't get carried away by it again just yet. And it is pretty obvious that the media outlets take a negative or hush-hush spin on it. That's what they've done for the best part of this year and to great affect.

With the greatest of respect, it isn't just the media who are being negative here but people who have a variety of credible attachments to the club. That's what frightens me - not reports in the tabloids.

Hm ... so after the Whyte fiasco you are under the firm belief that this administration company - given the scrutiny cast upon them - will not strife to do everything possible to get a water-tight deal (whether or not ot is 100% good for Rangers) done?

We shouldn't be that critical just yet. The admins stated that they had/have proof of the funds at the time he made his bid, as well as when the CVA was being ironed out. While there is tangible anxiety and distrust amongst the support, we shouldn't get carried away by it again just yet. And it is pretty obvious that the media outlets take a negative or hush-hush spin on it. That's what they've done for the best part of this year and to great affect.

if you like but I would say its very clear he's struggling for the cash.

Hm ... so after the Whyte fiasco you are under the firm belief that this administration company - given the scrutiny cast upon them - will not strife to do everything possible to get a water-tight deal (whether or not ot is 100% good for Rangers) done?

No, what I'm saying is that if Whyte can 'dupe' international companies and banks as well as our support, then what's to stop Green doing it?

Mate, people are not 'scaremongering' for a laugh here. People are genuinely worried for the club's future so are simply asking for more comfort. If Green is genuine (and D&P for that matter) then that shouldn't be difficult to provide instead of the inconsistent messages they have put across.

I trust no-one when it comes to taking over Rangers,we can only hope Green is the real deal,we all just want to move forward and start talking about football again,but that seems a long way off

my belief is they have been conned by green or far more likely have helped green run a con.

this 24 page document outlines greens plan. its fine if people buy into it.

mostly it can only work if the fans are 100% behing green and he's going about that all wrong.

if d&p had accepted tbk bid we would be well on our way to a cva by now.

as it stands we either hope green can sell his vision better from here on in or we hope its not to late when it all falls in about us.

I can see bludells point but just crossing our fingers isn't ideal either. we have two weeks or so to have a proper workable cva proposal with hard cash in place or we have to chose between a newco and points off next season.

for me d&p better be sure they have a workable cva proposal in place otherwise the backlash will be mamoth.

if d&p had accepted tbk bid we would be well on our way to a cva by now.

Maybe, maybe not. It is easy to talk them up - or down, for that matter - now. For we haven't seen their proposal for a CVA either. Their plus would have been the Kennedy money, in their 2 to 12 proposal. And we don't know how their post-CVA plans for financing Rangers looked in detail either. Apart from a share issue that looked a touch dubious when first spoken about. 1,000 pounds for a share?

for me d&p better be sure they have a workable cva proposal in place otherwise the backlash will be mamoth.

That is what I am asking. They know the consequences and I for one would be surprised if they'd fumble here.