How Green And Investors Could Double Their Money

Maybe, maybe not. It is easy to talk them up - or down, for that matter - now. For we haven't seen their proposal for a CVA either. Their plus would have been the Kennedy money, in their 2 to 12 proposal. And we don't know how their post-CVA plans for financing Rangers looked in detail either. Apart from a share issue that looked a touch dubious when first spoken about. 1,000 pounds for a share?

That is what I am asking. They know the consequences and I for one would be surprised if they'd fumble here.

I'd be amazed if they dont given their track record :)

So, basically you're saying that people should do what they did with Whyte. That turned out well.

No. I don't believe I said that.

I basically don't know what should be done and was asking a question. We all want to avoid a newco. We all want to avoid another Whyte situation. There's a fine line whereby ensuring the latter could bring on the former.

I haven't heard the rumours (unlike the Whyte situation) other than what's been on here and can't judge how genuine the rumours are and how much of a fuss we should be making. Hopefully those who are more in the know can guide us.

I would find it exceptionally difficult to buy into a share issue that mostly lined the original investors pockets. I've been saying for a while that some of the consortia look to be investing little of their own money and then taking a disproportionate share holding after raising millions from fans in a share issue.

We could be buying say 10% of the club for 70% of the investment.

The sad thing is that out of so many interested parties, there's not one we can find highly credible with the interests of Rangers to the fore (while fairly protecting their own interests).

Or is it what we need? McCann came in and did a job without all this messing around but also left with a reputed £30m of fans' money. However, they are in a decent position now.

Rangers are not the most attractive proposition, but when you read of Celtic being worth £52m, it's hard to understand why someone can't come in with half that money to get Rangers back on its feet and be left with owning something of similar value.

Pity those Euromillions winners in Largs are not diehard Rangers fans...

But it's strange how oil sheiks can come in and spend over a billion on Man City, but there's no-one interested in a more historical and prestigious club at a tiny fraction of that.

I think part of the trouble is that Rangers fans have not given the impression that we'd put our hands in our pockets as shown by the modest amount raised by RFF. I'm very disappointed that that wasn't more like £5m raised - 100k fans at 50 quid each.

If the opposite was true then all we'd need is a rich fan to underwrite a fan ownership model. Then we'd just need 50k fans at say 400 quid each to raise £20m. But it's all too easy to think like or get pledges but getting everyone to pitch in is the difficult part.

No. I don't believe I said that.

I basically don't know what should be done and was asking a question. We all want to avoid a newco. We all want to avoid another Whyte situation. There's a fine line whereby ensuring the latter could bring on the former.

I haven't heard the rumours (unlike the Whyte situation) other than what's been on here and can't judge how genuine the rumours are and how much of a fuss we should be making. Hopefully those who are more in the know can guide us.

I don't think there's much we can do. a season ticket boycott (which no ones suggesting that I can see) won't stop this if greens got the cash.

If he doesn't then he doesn't. he won't win in the liquidation bidding if he can't fund the cva.

what riles me is a cva is perfectly possible if we miss out on that because of green and d&p there will be hell to pay.

what was it bk said. blood on the walls.

So we should chase off any buyer when the slightest doubts arise? There is a point when you have to suck it and see - especially when most of it is outwith your control.

Chase off? If asking searching questions makes them scarper, were they right in the first place? It would appear that providing the required funds for a CVA are outwith Green's control at this moment in time.

I would find it exceptionally difficult to buy into a share issue that mostly lined the original investors pockets. I've been saying for a while that some of the consortia look to be investing little of their own money and then taking a disproportionate share holding after raising millions from fans in a share issue.

We could be buying say 10% of the club for 70% of the investment.

The sad thing is that out of so many interested parties, there's not one we can find highly credible with the interests of Rangers to the fore (while fairly protecting their own interests).

Or is it what we need? McCann came in and did a job without all this messing around but also left with a reputed £30m of fans' money. However, they are in a decent position now.

Rangers are not the most attractive proposition, but when you read of Celtic being worth £52m, it's hard to understand why someone can't come in with half that money to get Rangers back on its feet and be left with owning something of similar value.

Pity those Euromillions winners in Largs are not diehard Rangers fans...

But it's strange how oil sheiks can come in and spend over a billion on Man City, but there's no-one interested in a more historical and prestigious club at a tiny fraction of that.

I think part of the trouble is that Rangers fans have not given the impression that we'd put our hands in our pockets as shown by the modest amount raised by RFF. I'm very disappointed that that wasn't more like £5m raised - 100k fans at 50 quid each.

If the opposite was true then all we'd need is a rich fan to underwrite a fan ownership model. Then we'd just need 50k fans at say 400 quid each to raise £20m. But it's all too easy to think like or get pledges but getting everyone to pitch in is the difficult part.

what was it green said about the shefield utd share issue.

he raised 100 million but 90% of that had to go back to the origional shareholders.

no thanks and good luck to him selling those shares.

Can someone explain the comments from Clark about the club's assets being sold for £5.5million to Green should the CVA fail?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/18250570?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

What exactly does that mean?

I can't listen to the clip but if the CVA fails then it's a newco and the assets get transferred to the newco, presumably for the £5.5m.