Lafferty in talks with Huddersfield Town

Still money we didnt have and couldnt afford. A hell of a lot of money for so little in return.

It could've been worse. We could've signed a player who hardly ever got a game and didn't score very many goals.

It could've been worse. We could've signed a player who hardly ever got a game and didn't score very many goals.

We have done that plenty of times Zappa, thankfully not many as costly as Laffs in recent times.

Are you at the wind up mate?

I dont get the stance your taking, are you saying he has been a great player worth the money we spent on him?

When played in his correct position, he's scored multiple terrific goals. His form since the split of 2010/2011 has been outstanding, because he got used as a striker.

Problem is, earlier in his career with us, and Ally admits this, we were unfair to him playing him out of position on the left wing, a position he's no good at.

Most supporters only seem to remember this period, and his occasional lapses in judgement in terms of conduct.

When played in his correct position, 2010/2011 during the split, at last, he scored 7 goals in 6 starts.

Following season (this one) he scored 7 in 19 injury disrupted appearances.

To call him a waste is grossly unfair, not really accurate, and a bit misleading.

please remember to add in the 5 or more million he's cost us in wages to any judgement of him.

until the last couple of months I was always on his side but what he's done since we went into admin means I am finished with him.

So you basically abandoned your beliefs because of some tabloid nonsense? Good to see you're not easily influenced.

When played in his correct position, he's scored multiple terrific goals. His form since the split of 2010/2011 has been outstanding, because he got used as a striker.

Problem is, earlier in his career with us, and Ally admits this, we were unfair to him playing him out of position on the left wing, a position he's no good at.

Most supporters only seem to remember this period, and his occasional lapses in judgement in terms of conduct.

When played in his correct position, 2010/2011 during the split, at last, he scored 7 goals in 6 starts.

Following season (this one) he scored 7 in 19 injury disrupted appearances.

To call him a waste is grossly unfair, not really accurate, and a bit misleading.[/QUOTE]

I dont think i have even seen person pickand choose a quote and be so misleading with your responses mate.

He has been a waste of money, and that is before we count wages.

I dont think i have even seen person pickand choose a quote and be so misleading with your responses mate.

He has been a waste of money, and that is before we count wages.

Perfect. Ignore the entire post and just repeat your previous opinion. Congratulations, there's a slot on Question Time just waiting to be lapped up with your debate technique.

When anyone talks about Lafferty's ability, they always mention the 2010/2011 post split - its true that he hit a real purple patch, but thats 6 games out of 3 years!!!

I agree that for a fair number of games, he was played out of position, but overall when played as a striker I would say he's not been outstanding. Couple that with his reckless behaviour at times, and I don't think he will be a great loss.

super suspended him. that's not tabloid nonsense its what happened.

Uh huh, and for that one suspension you want a player, who took a massive wage cut to help the club survive, to leave? At a time when we're going to lose players and could use every squad member we can hold onto?

Guess the loyalty isn't going both ways.