Lafferty in talks with Huddersfield Town

my understanding was the 16 million didn't include the small tax case.

So what is your understanding now? It may be £16m after interest and penalties for all I know but that's irrelevant to attempting to ascertain future costs.

Maybe it's more like the press taking the piss - the big tax case goes from £49m to over £75 in some reports and the total bill goes to something like £125m in other reports.

I have no idea of the current cost as the penalties and interest seem to balloon very quickly. According to the D&P report the original bill was "circa £3m" so perhaps you're taking the piss with the implied £2.25m?

I actually thought it was less but was also attempting to address gunslinger's 16m figure for which I assumed the unpaid tax was about £7m.

Instead of being insulting, why not just give the correct figures? None of us are perfect in our knowledge or memory here - and you are obviously no exception.

£1,87m + £0,9m (interest) = £2,77m which is a wee bit under £9m

http://www.plus-sx.com/newsItem.html;jsessionid=E80210C2534674462E67E4F026B67EEF?newsId=1145487

Of course Whytes' non payment despite previously agreeing too resulted in penalties and the monies the tax man arrested were credited against VAT and not the wee tax bill, though iirc a £500k payment was credited against the wee tax case.

I was gutted about this news until i read - "he has no interest in renegotiating that". IF TRUE, the money grabbing glory hunting idiot can go anywhere he wishes. I have my doubts its true though, he must like it here, who wouldnt?

In reply to this by ian - "I'm not particularly fussed if he goes, but we really need to get this registration ban sorted out. If other players leave for similarly knock down fees, then we could be in a huge mess. " - I say, the ban will not be getting sorted, it is what it is. We have to get on with it. Other players will leave, i have no doubts about that, Papac has left i believe, Lafferty will go, Healy and Little will hopefully go. Our best players with embarrassing sell on clauses will most likely go also.

We will still be left with the second best squad in the league but is that enough for the coaching team to come second in the league or even challenge for the title? I am not so sure.

Edited by kuznetsov

Are you at the wind up mate?

I dont get the stance your taking, are you saying he has been a great player worth the money we spent on him?

Has he been worth the £4m paid for him? No.

Is he so poor that we should be taking a £3.5m loss on him? No.

Does he still have untapped potential? Yes.

Does he deserve another chance to play for us? Only if he wants to renegotiate his contract in my opinion.

Not a great player but not as bad as some love to think.

Who's this, Lafferty?

Kyle Lafferty, the player the thread is about. Fee was just under £4m(£3.3m) but if, like gunslinger says, if we include his wages for the time he has been here, it rises considerably. No return for the club whatsoever, a huge loss. Complete waste of time and money if we dont keep him and turn him into the player he has the potential to be.