Lafferty in talks with Huddersfield Town

lets be honest he has been another waste of money signing overall from Smith at the time. but not often enough and is always injured.

the guy has alot of growing up to do.

I can feel the love for him CG.

we didn't pay ticketus 8 million and we dodged 16 million of tax and still ran out of money in march.

See point 5.9 in the D&F report

"5.9 In June 2011, the first £3m of the liabilities due to Ticketus were paid by the Club, followed by an

additional payment of £5m in September 2011."

"5.23 Shortly afterwards HMRC lodged a creditors‟ petition to appoint an Administrator in respect of the

unpaid taxes which had accrued since August 2011 of circa £9m. After discussions between the

parties, HMRC decided to withdraw its petition, consenting to the appointment of Paul Clark and

David Whitehouse of Duff & Phelps as Joint Administrators."

Sorry, I remembered this as £7m but in fact is was £9m.

So your numbers are £15m out - does that mean the £10m hole turns into a £5m profit? :fish:

See point 5.9 in the D&F report

"5.9 In June 2011, the first £3m of the liabilities due to Ticketus were paid by the Club, followed by an

additional payment of £5m in September 2011."

"5.23 Shortly afterwards HMRC lodged a creditors‟ petition to appoint an Administrator in respect of the

unpaid taxes which had accrued since August 2011 of circa £9m. After discussions between the

parties, HMRC decided to withdraw its petition, consenting to the appointment of Paul Clark and

David Whitehouse of Duff & Phelps as Joint Administrators."

Sorry, I remembered this as £7m but in fact is was £9m.

So your numbers are £15m out - does that mean the £10m hole turns into a £5m profit? :fish:

trust my my figures are very sound.

we borrowed the money from ticketus to pay ticketus.

The we tax bill which balooned to about £9m but is irrelevant as we obviously won't be due to pay that every year in the future...

The wee tax bill £9m? you're taking the piss, wasn't even half that and would have been nearer a quarter of that had Whyte paid it as agreed.

Edited by forlanssister

The figures from UEFA are net payments and they exclude gate receipts, hospitality etc.

The payments may have been net - as most payments are - but that does not make them net profit: you have to subtract the costs...

The payments may have been net - as most payments are - but that does not make them net profit: you have to subtract the costs...

Of course but then you have to factor in the gate receipts and hospitality etc which should be more than enough to cover any expenses incurred in competing in Europe.

The wee tax bill £9m? you're taking the piss, wasn't even half that and would have been neare a quarter of that had Whyte paid it as agreed.

Maybe it's more like the press taking the piss - the big tax case goes from £49m to over £75 in some reports and the total bill goes to something like £125m in other reports.

I have no idea of the current cost as the penalties and interest seem to balloon very quickly. According to the D&P report the original bill was "circa £3m" so perhaps you're taking the piss with the implied £2.25m?

I actually thought it was less but was also attempting to address gunslinger's 16m figure for which I assumed the unpaid tax was about £7m.

Instead of being insulting, why not just give the correct figures? None of us are perfect in our knowledge or memory here - and you are obviously no exception.