Take care of club, love it and FIX it!

GRAEME SOUNESS has warned Charles Green he has a duty of care to LOVE Rangers if he takes control at Ibrox.

Former Rangers boss Souness admitted he wouldnâ??t be part of Greenâ??s plans.

He has warned Green that heâ??s taking control of a Scottish institution.

Souness, boss at Ibrox between 1986 and 1991, said: â??Whoever controls Rangers has a duty to every single fan.

â??A duty of care as to what it means â?? I canâ??t emphasise that enough, because this is not just a football club, itâ??s also an institution.

â??My advice to him would be to take care of it, to love it, and to leave it in a better position than he found it.

â??I spoke to Charles and I was given the opportunity to get involved, but I declined.

â??I certainly met Charles and he ran it past me and told me what his intentions were.

â??Brian Kennedyâ??s a pal of mine, weâ??re both from the same part of Edinburgh, and he asked me a few months ago if he should get involved.

â??I said he should because itâ??s a special club.

â??Brian then asked if I would be willing to get involved and I said that I would if he was involved.

â??Iâ??d have been happy to get involved with someone who knew the strength of Rangers.

â??Anything other than that wouldnâ??t be for me. I was involved with my pal, but Iâ??m not interested in going in anywhere else.

â??I would stress though that I would not have been going in as manager.

â??Rangers already have a very good manager in Ally McCoist who I think has done remarkably well in a very difficult year for him.

â??Heâ??s just a rookie, heâ??s in his first year yet heâ??s had to deal with administrators and financial journalists asking him the sort of questions he perhaps couldnâ??t answer.

â??As a manager at a big club you expect problems to walk in the door every morning â?? but not problems of that magnitude and that type. I spoke to Brian about advising him on how football clubs work, but I wish Charles Green the very best. Itâ??s too late for Brian because itâ??s approaching the point of no return in terms of a CVA.

â??If that doesnâ??t work then Rangers go into liquidation and I donâ??t think many people would be involved at that point. I grew up supporting Rangers and Iâ??m fortunate enough to have worked there. Itâ??s an unique place and thatâ??s not a word that I throw around lightly. Iâ??ve never worked at Celtic Park, but Iâ??d imagine itâ??s the same there.

â??The passion at Rangers is greater than it is anywhere else and Iâ??ve worked at some passionate places.

â??Iâ??m deeply concerned about where Rangers is going and whatâ??s going to happen.

Mistakes have been made. David Murray is a friend of mine, but things have gone wrong and not in a small way.

â??Itâ??s tragic for everybody, including him, thatâ??s the last thing heâ??d have wanted.â?

Meanwhile, Gers may have to sweat over their SFA appeal with tonightâ??s Hampden challenge not kicking off until 6pm.

Top QC Richard Keen will front Rangersâ?? plea to reverse a year-long transfer embargo and fines of £160,000.

With the original judgement of the Judicial Panel Tribunal running to 27,000 words and more evidence expected to be heard, itâ??s unlikely the appeal will conclude tonight.

There is even a chance that Gers wonâ??t get a decision until the start of next week.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4318738/Take-care-of-club-love-it-and-FIX-it.html#ixzz1v0gT278F

"It’s an unique place and that’s not a word that I throw around lightly."

"I’ve never worked at Celtic Park, but I’d imagine it’s the same there."

Unusual definition of unique, big man.