Don't know about Brimingham, they were a yo-yo team when he arrived. They're not much different now.

Aston Villa were on their way down but he didn't help any.

I don't think he can be fully blamed for where they are but he certainly didn't do much good.

Gav has a bee in his bonnet about Eck. Pointless trying to reason with him.

I'd put money on Villa going down next season. When your players can't pass a ball 10 yards then what can you do?

He was promised 80 million at Brum, never got 1/8th of that.

He had a net profit at Villa, all three relegated teams had net loss I'm sure.

The young boys at Villa are not good enough. They are championship class if lucky.

He wasn't good enough this season. Doesn't make him an awful manager.

Don't know about Brimingham, they were a yo-yo team when he arrived. They're not much different now.

Aston Villa were on their way down but he didn't help any.

I don't think he can be fully blamed for where they are but he certainly didn't do much good.

Gotta agree. Gav isn't far wrong but you can't say Eck "ruined them". Selling their only decent attacking players who provide width; i.e. Young and Downing, and not replacing them cant help as well.

Edited by Super_Ally

Training seems to ruin his players we had some injuries when he was manager as well. Villa lost Bent for a while, Petrov was unfortunate, not sure who else was injured.

He still probably would never have won the fans round even if he won something or got them into Europe, fighting a losing battle with that job.