Matalan ruled out in January

Not what we want to hear and some of it does seem a bit Ostrich like.

I really want him to acknowledge that the team is not good enough. He seems to be in denial at the moment.

When there is an emergency it's time to be a wee bit less tight with the cheque book.

We really need to take the opportunity that the transfer window provides us. If nothing else we desperately need one player - a dominant central defender. PLG even says the same but can't define what one is... :confused:

I think he may be tempering our hopes for a spending spree which we can't afford and when you spend what little money you have you want to do it in the sales and football is the one place you don't get bargains in January.

Actually I disagree with that. There are many players with 6 months left on their contract who are going to leave for summer for nothing and you can get them for a bargain January. We got Boyd in January and Buffel and we could have got Riordan.

i've read it in a few places too know. i can understand what he's saying - that players are more expensive in the january window - but we need improvements to the squad sooner rather than later.

If your car breaks down and it cost a fortune to replace it, as you need, then you have to just go and replace it regardless of the cost.

Our season tickets are expensive,compared to DM puting in a good few million, but we buy them.We need a couple of quality players now not next season WATP.

If your car breaks down and it cost a fortune to replace it, as you need, then you have to just go and replace it regardless of the cost.

Our season tickets are expensive,compared to DM puting in a good few million, but we buy them.We need a couple of quality players now not next season WATP.

aye, but if a car breaks for us, we'll go and repair it. i dont think dm sees us as broke yet. :|:mad:

Don't understand this at all....if it means second place over third, it's not rocket science how vital a Champions League place is.

Exactly,if we're not going to win the SPL, then we should be trying to get second,on our current form that's a big ask.So we should be looking to strengthen the team NOW......!!!!!, to at least get CL football next season