John Yorkston wants to relegate "newco"

All these people who want to see Rangers harmed as much as possible,even though it seriously harms their own clubs,should be ashamed and if what they want to happen to Rangers does then they will happily sit back and watch the death of their own clubs content that Rangers are punished severely,pathetic really.

Agree but if Rangers are relegated one division we will either be in the same league as Dunfermline giving them extra money or they will keep their SPL status. A win win situation for him. Not so daft is Mr Yorkston.

Not so daft is Mr Yorkston.

I disagree pete. If he thinks Rangers fans are going to forget him promoting the idea that Rangers are relegated because of this whole mess, then he's got another thing coming. This is a club that were paid what they were due from the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund while we were in administration because the guys running the Fund knew that the Pars were struggling financially. The payment came from Gers fans who had donated money to the RFFF to try to help keep Rangers alive, not Dunfermline and now he's got the nerve to say to the press that he thinks we should be relegated? Who needs enemies when you've got friends like that?

I disagree pete. If he thinks Rangers fans are going to forget him promoting the idea that Rangers are relegated because of this whole mess, then he's got another thing coming. This is a club that were paid what they were due from the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund while we were in administration because the guys running the Fund knew that the Pars were struggling financially. The payment came from Gers fans who had donated money to the RFFF to try to help keep Rangers alive, not Dunfermline and now he's got the nerve to say to the press that he thinks we should be relegated? Who needs enemies when you've got friends like that?

I agree maybe not morally or politically wise but i think he will be thinking: Not all Rangers will boycott the Dunfermline games as seen at Dundee UTD and having 1000 gers fans is better than 100 or 200 other team fans. Probably after the first boycott more Rangers fans will not boycott. Either that or he has a SPL place which is also financially better.

Ive seriously got to ask the question are the other clubs chairmen fit and proper. 1 or 2 of them have even admitted they are taking their own financial concerns into consideration on todays meetings. People like that shouldnt be allowed to enter the discussions.

Its obvious there is going to be the agenda purely to benefit the other clubs rather than anyone else, therefore the outcome I can see if Rangers remaining in the SPL but penalised as much as possible by fines and point deduction. The knock on effect will even go into the Scottish national team as its been Rangers who have won Scotland most co-efficent points.

There is a lot of bridges gone beyond repair...Really think that any Newco or current Co just applies to enter the English league.

An FFer remarked this yesterday:

SPL powerless to hit Millers Newco Rangers (Sunday Mail)

Anyone who has taken the time to read the rules and articles of the SPL will tell you that there is simply nothing within them that describes penalties or sanctions for a, so called, “newco” entering the SPL. It does not need a well paid Q.C. to confirm it. Recently Traynor has been highlighting this to anyone who cares to read his opinion or listen to the radio. Bill Miller appears to be satisfied that this is the case also, otherwise his bid would have been conditional (although some argue that it is conditional – conditional on no sanctions being invented, voted on, agreed and then applied by the SPL in light of our situation).

There are currently no penalties for a newco entering the SPL; other than a 10 point deduction as the result of an insolvency event which may result in the newco. The only impediment to a newco entering the SPL is the vote from SPL Board. With regard to a share transfer, the SPL articles of association #11 states that:

“Except where such a transfer is occasioned by the promotion of an association football club from and relegation of a Club to the SFL the consent of the Board shall be required before the transfer of any Share shall be registered.”

So it is NOT the SPL Chairmen that vote on the transfer of share. Although reports stating that - despite no evidence and not one single individual being charged - in light of recent intimidation and threats made against the SFA Judiciary Panel, it may be the SPL Chairmen that take this vote. But if the vote was negative then this could easily be challenged by Bill Miller. As the body taking the vote had no authority to do so.

The Financial Fair Play rules being voted on tomorrow are the first step in putting in place punishments and sanctions for a newco being admitted into an SPL. It is unlikely that all these will be agreed upon. However even if all were - and this is where a Q.C. is required - any punitive sanctions seemingly being retrospectively applied to the situation that we find ourselves in can be challenged.

If Mr Miller is genuine (sorry) in buying Rangers, and is willing to argue the case for a place in SPL with no financial or sporting punishment, then he may not even need a Q.C.

Interesting.

This is all just vested interest dressed up as faux-morality. I have every confidence that we will be in the SPL next season. This ploy is to stoke up tensions which will in turn inform the negotiating position of all other clubs through media and fan pressure.

I'd be very surprised if the SPL voted for the sanctions given the same sanctions would probably then apply to several clubs over the next few years.

Long grass it will be.

I'd be very surprised if the SPL voted for the sanctions given the same sanctions would probably then apply to several clubs over the next few years.

Long grass it will be.

Then again, there was Lafferty's Law, whipped up in no-time, never executed thereafter (unless I am mistaken).