The RST told us to 'keep our powder dry'

Looks a right good fellowship has gathered in here.

It's only natural the Trust have their critics and while we're seeing some strong words, I think we've largely avoid petty insults and the concerns are valid.

As a former board member myself, I know it's sometimes difficult to accept criticism but it's a natural aspect of debate so it's how they deal with it that really matters.

FWIW, I don't think the RST are finished because they made the understandable decision to back one horse (and arguably the favourite). However, I think it was the wrong decision and I don't think it's wrong to comment as such.

No need to get intimate and personal here. I'm no "no-matter-what RST man" or "defender", just wondering about the open and continued animosity by some.

It has become personal.

People are anti-trust, when it is really anti MD.

But the Trust haven't stepped up to the mark with this. TBKs - good. Everyone else - bad, was silly and transparent to anyone with a mind of their own.

The big story in respect of supporters' representation is this. The Club has gone through one of its worst times in 140 years, with its very existence endangered. The RST membership is perhaps less than 1% (one per cent) of the support that descended on Manchester, leaving aside the rest of the support worldwide. Even then, as can be seen from earlier posts in this thread, many members are disillusioned life members. Given the trauma of what we have gone through, the membership of the RST should be in the tens of thousands, with folk queuing up to join.

Why are they not? Who is to blame? What, if anything, is to be done about it? And do we deserve better?

But whether those concerns about MD are founded or not, it's clearly a perception issue which the RST are aware of so should have addressed.

It's still a wee bit disappointing that we've had a series of big chances to galvanise as a support and get behind a single body, this recently being the biggest chance of all and there still seems to be a lack of natural leadership under a common organisation. Regardless of how things pan out under Miller, that would seem to be the first thing we as a support need to nail once and for all because our chances of interaction with him must increase massively if we have a unified and organised supporters group. It's why I found all this talk of fan ownership a bit fanciful as we're just not organised enough for it to ever be a go-er.

Btw, this isn't mean to take anything away from the amazing march last weekend which showed just what could be achieved in a short period of time with a strong, single goal and purpose.

I wrote this on the RST FB page last night, i was pretty drunk but i do stand by it>>>>>>>>>>>

RST. I'm sorry. But if BM does gain control. You need to disband. The venom you've spouted towards the guy will have been noted

It's no longer a jobs for the boys FC.

I know you're all Bears. But it's over for you. We need a fresh start with one supporters organisation with diplomatically appointed representatives.

Miller will know who's been snipping at him, and won't forget

That post got me banned from the RST Facebook page haha

It has become personal.

People are anti-trust, when it is really anti MD.

But the Trust haven't stepped up to the mark with this. TBKs - good. Everyone else - bad, was silly and transparent to anyone with a mind of their own.

Aha. Now, the Trust and MD chose the wrong way to do it ... in some people's eyes. He nailed his colours to the mast to a bid not that transparent, but at least by people known to have the club at heart. For a supporters' organization, that is an obvious choice. As it looks, some got annoyed by postings of the Trust - or rather by people on the Trust's website - about the other bids. IMHO that's not too much different than looking at match previews and reports or whatever you have on here or FF. Some is good, some is average, some is bad. Even if the Trust showed animosity towards other bidders because they appeared not to have the interest of Rangers FC and its support at heart, what's wrong here? That some charismatic figure stole the headlines while people of other supporters groups ... much like the rest of us ... looked on? IMHO, this saga would have been much better had some more people shown more guts and joined MD in front of the cameras or media attention. As it is now, the big mass will again sit back again and watch on ... and some even start calling for the heads of fellow Bears and want representative organizations disbanded. Speaking about noses and all ...

Aha. Now, the Trust and MD chose the wrong way to do it ... in some people's eyes. He nailed his colours to the mast to a bid not that transparent, but at least by people known to have the club at heart. For a supporters' organization, that is an obvious choice. As it looks, some got annoyed by postings of the Trust - or rather by people on the Trust's website - about the other bids. IMHO that's not too much different than looking at match previews and reports or whatever you have on here or FF. Some is good, some is average, some is bad. Even if the Trust showed animosity towards other bidders because they appeared not to have the interest of Rangers FC and its support at heart, what's wrong here? That some charismatic figure stole the headlines while people of other supporters groups ... much like the rest of us ... looked on? IMHO, this saga would have been much better had some more people shown more guts and joined MD in front of the cameras or media attention. As it is now, the big mass will again sit back again and watch on ... and some even start calling for the heads of fellow Bears and want representative organizations disbanded. Speaking about noses and all ...

I think some of that is fair enough but I'm not sure it's all that helpful to deflect from the valid criticisms people have onto those doing the criticising.

You ask why not enough people joined with MD (or the Trust) and that the 'big mass' will sit back and watch. That's the point people are making - why are the Trust failing? More so during a period where they should be taking on tens of thousands of new memberships.

I don't see many answers to that - just folk going round in circles making excuses.

Edited by Frankie

By the way, I should add to that, it's not just the RST to blame.

Our fans generally are equally culpable - if not more so. I'm just genuinely wanting to improve our lot as we really are capable of much better.

I was actually not solely referring to the Trust failing, but why people rather target the Trust and mark its "failings", while keeping quiet about the other big two organizations, or the support in general. Its a bit like people rather leave the talking and "sticking the head in the firing line" to others ... instead of doing something active themselves ... and if the chap / orga in the headlines fails, they give them a good kick along the way. Thus it seems and I'm not referring to all people in here.

In the whipped up climate people were and are bound to make mistakes. And sure there should be critique where it is due (and not driven by personal animosity). Still, for the sake of the club, people should rather look forward and for answers of how to make things better, rather than start squabbling amongst themselves again.

I was actually not solely referring to the Trust failing, but why people rather target the Trust and mark its "failings", while keeping quiet about the other big two organizations, or the support in general. Its a bit like people rather leave the talking and "sticking the head in the firing line" to others ... instead of doing something active themselves ... and if the chap / orga in the headlines fails, they give them a good kick along the way. Thus it seems and I'm not referring to all people in here.

In the whipped up climate people were and are bound to make mistakes. And sure there should be critique where it is due (and not driven by personal animosity). Still, for the sake of the club, people should rather look forward and for answers of how to make things better, rather than start squabbling amongst themselves again.

Again, I don't disagree but I think we both know the criticism will be ignored and the squabbling will continue.

That observation isn't driven by personal animosity just ongoing experience. Which just brings us back to why are our fan groups failing - at some point someone (no-one in particular by the way) will have to take responsibility.