Crazy talk mate. Even the best teams can't win everything. They have played every game in every competition bar 1 game I think on the last 3-4 years winning almost all competitions. Can't go on forever! Averaging 4 goals at home a game isn't average

Can't argue with that record, but our point is this season. They've not dominated in Spain like they had previously, and for the first time CL opponents figured out their tactics on more than one occasion. Milan did it and were extremely unfortunate to lose to them, and Chelsea succeeded.

They've lost 5 matches in La Liga this season, compared with 3 and 2 the previous years.

I'm not saying they're suddenly shite, I'm saying the bigger teams with the quality to do so have learned how to nullify their free-flowing play, and they have no plan B because of their style.

In actual fact the first team to do so was Jose's Inter in 2010 I believe it was - and they went onto win the CL that year. Their display was about rock solid defending and effective counter-attacking.

Crazy talk mate. Even the best teams can't win everything. They have played every game in every competition bar 1 game I think on the last 3-4 years winning almost all competitions. Can't go on forever! Averaging 4 goals at home a game isn't average

It is in Barca standards.

Teams are figuring their style of play out and setting their own team up to stifle them. Defend in numbers and counter attack fast. Good teams can do it successfully. The opposition might not always win but they're erring closer and closer, especially when Barca are away from home.

What a load of deluded piffle! Every time they lose or draw, which has been rather a lot this season, you're just going to use that line? That on another night they'd have won?

Come on, open your eyes man!

Danny, would you be saying the same if Messi had scored that penalty ?

Come on, it hardly equated to "figuring them out". Even great teams have seasons where things dont go right. Your hate for Barce (due to the perceived injustice of putting AC out) is outweighing your logic IMO.

But I do find it curious that because I prefer Ronaldo over Messi you actually consider that view nonsense? As if it is plain incorrect to view Ronaldo as the better player.

To be fair it is nonsense to suggest Ronaldo is better than Messi :thup:

It is in Barca standards.

Teams are figuring their style of play out and setting their own team up to stifle them. Defend in numbers and counter attack fast. Good teams can do it successfully. The opposition might not always win but they're erring closer and closer, especially when Barca are away from home.

I disagree.

The "Barca way" this season is not the same as it was in previous seasons. Their formation has changed since they brought Sanchez in. Priot to Sanchex they played a 4-3-3/4-5-1 - this seasn they have been playing more of a 4-4-2 and that has hindered them.

So, rather than being "teams figuring out their style of play" it is just as likely that Barca have changed their style of play to a system that doesnt suit them. Why they would do that, I dont know.

I disagree.

The "Barca way" this season is not the same as it was in previous seasons. Their formation has changed since they brought Sanchez in. Priot to Sanchex they played a 4-3-3/4-5-1 - this seasn they have been playing more of a 4-4-2 and that has hindered them.

So, rather than being "teams figuring out their style of play" it is just as likely that Barca have changed their style of play to a system that doesnt suit them. Why they would do that, I dont know.

Barca have been playing a 3-4-3 this season.

Danny, would you be saying the same if Messi had scored that penalty ?

Come on, it hardly equated to "figuring them out". Even great teams have seasons where things dont go right. Your hate for Barce (due to the perceived injustice of putting AC out) is outweighing your logic IMO.

I've hated Barca for seasons actually Craig. But I've also recognised their quality. This season they just haven't been as good.

I guess we should just move on because we don't appear to be understanding each other.