An analysis of the Bill MIller bid for RFC

Think it's pretty clear my ideas are only welcome over on RM. Sorry I couldn't do more for over here, Frankie.

Leave you with this little taste of how the Trust treats supporters who don't toe the line:

You know what Shane, sometimes when you go in with a sarcastic or agressive comment you can't really complain when you get the same back. I've noticed some of the things you have posted mainly on RM and when you make personal comments about one of our Board members having tea with his mum when his mum passed away in December then I find that disappointing. I realise that you probably didn't know that but don't believe everything you read about people on websites. I read today that this person made £100K for himself running events. If that was the case then I doubt he'd be running around in a 15 year old car and be living in a four in a block in Knightswood.

All this seems to have started because we didn't go with your tee shirt idea. I'm not sure what feedback you got on that but I've gone back and checked the emails and most of us thought it was a good idea but it was problematic because you are based in the USA (shipping costs etc) and that some of the funding was going to your own RSC which others may not have been keen on. Personally, I would have sent your info onto Andy Kerr for forwarding to NARSA but I don't know what was done. Nobody at the Trust doubted your sincerity or the fact you only wanted to help the Club but at the time we were being swamped by people with ideas and we went with the Red and Black scarves.

I have to say that I never use Twitter and I wasn't really in favour of us going on it but realise we have to move with the times. I'm not trying to make excuses but the guys on there have had to put up with a lot of abuse so maybe sometimes they don't respond the way people would hope. They are only human after all and I think we all just want to get back to talking about the football.

Think it's pretty clear my ideas are only welcome over on RM. Sorry I couldn't do more for over here, Frankie.

Leave you with this little taste of how the Trust treats supporters who don't toe the line:

You seriously need to "man up!" a bit.

If you want to see abuse then take a look over the last year on RM and see the shit that was dumped upon the handful of us who refused to accept that Whyte was the second coming incarnate, bannings were handed out to those who were exposing Whytes' raping and pillaging.

This is probably the least polarised of any of the main Rangers forums.

(for the avoidance of doubt I am not now nor never have been a member of the RST)

Out running errands since the match so wanted to wait until I was off the mobile to reply, plus not make a hurried response that could just inflame this more.

First off, Re: off color Dingwall pot shot, my sincere apologies for that one. I'd probably be better off without a drink or two in me sometimes but it happens as Zappa can attest. And I fully agree that people shouldn't hop on the train blindly. I will seek out Mark and apologize for this if he'll have it.

Re: t-shirts, I kicked out all funds to my RSC on any of the dregs besides the one with our logo on it and told RST so at the time. You passed and good on you, seems R&B have worked wonders. Shirts never did as much as I wanted and my project is moving forward to what was my original goal in the first place, which is a community for Bears to doing outreach to share and collaborate on their projects. But I believe that info's already been passed along by a member.

In all honesty, the groups that helped (ie Timbers Army and a couple local charities) made more of an impact than Gers fans. Not trying to make a point out of that, just speaking to the facts. Perhaps you were right all along. If anybody would like something from what's left in stock I'll be happy to send you one for the simple cost of post. We're doing an event with the local blues society here on Wednesday coming and plan on selling what's left that night and moving on. I bear no grudge over RST's choice to pass on it.

As to the rest, we traded jibes re: Xmas dinner and that was fair enough and good for a laugh. When I asked if RST still hadn't reached MI that was when it went nuclear. It's not the first time the people manning the RST twitter have had a go at people, and you've got 12k followers who see that instantly. Thankfully it was what, four in the AM over there? And why would anyone castigated like that ever volunteer info? Mental. Every word from every part of an organization like yours should be spoken as if it came straight from a board meeting. You can't control what's said to the RST, but you certainly can control the reponse.

The outward behavior of persons representing your interests is shocking at times. I'm one guy with a piddly RSC that will likely cease to be in a few weeks after we finish our move back home. If people want to take everything I say seriously that's probably their mistake. You should read some of my old political ramblings sometime, nutty stuff.

And yeah, a lot of the bull shitting on RM is just that, but a lot of what's said has a strong air of truth about it, and instead of answering these questions with a strong unified statement, it's broken into tiny little pieces and just as many small battles. People egg you on and at various times the response comes in just about the worst form possible.

RST represents thousands of people supposedly, and occasions itself to stand in place for thousands more who would have nothing to do with them. I'm saddened that you were in a position to finally make a substantial difference for the better of the support, and instead chose to hitch on to one bid as soon as the gates were opened, then persist in acting like any bidder could garner your endorsement, while at the same time carrying out hatchet jobs against them in lieu of sponsoring informed debate.

Your analysis last night was a joke, and the fact that it's been defended robustly in various circles is only doing more harm to your cause. Apparently the info I have is only going to confirm what others believe is the case, so you've clearly chosen to run nothing but a smear campaign against bidders you perceive as working against your interests, whatever those may be.

When a thousand people or more are telling you you're steering into the wall eventually you take notice, no? You and your associates pick fights across the web with groups who want nothing more than you supposedly do, the best for our club. Instead of taking heed of people's concerns you've pushed back more than ever.

And as for manning up, I'm one of the people in this community who doesn't go under an assumed identity anywhere. You can find me in plenty of places and press me on issues any time you want.

God I wish it was 30/40 years ago when we were all just Rangers Supporters.

I just can't believe the state Rangers are in, and folk are bothering about what someone says on a forum.

Edited by chilledbear

As I said this morning on Twitter, I doubt many bears would choose the Miller bid over the TBK one. I certainly don't.

However I'm inclined to share BD's earlier views. How on earth can anyone be expected to 'choose sides' in the current information vacuum?

How about an analysis of the TBK bid? Where does Whyte fit in? What is PM offering him? What does CW want? How do Ticketus feature? Will the fans accept CW as part of the club going forward? Are the other bidders really out of the picture?

Clearly there are lots of questions and, yes, it's perhaps unfair to demand TBK answer such questions when any one of the other three bidders could make a similar comeback from stepping back.

Nevertheless I'm still amazed our fan groups seem so keen to pretend there remain a number of concerns apparently unworthy of their attention.

It looks like coming down to two. We can question all we want but one with all its pitfalls night be the better option.

No-one is denying that mate.

However that shouldn't mean valid questions are ignored now.

Read what I say. Of course TBK are the only non-liquidation choice left - the realistic option for the majority of bears. But there remains a lot of work to be done and we know next to nothing about them or their plans.

The fan groups think they are capable. I'm delighted by that.

But show us why they're credible. Do that and they'll romp to victory. Do not and doubts will remain.

Simples.

No-one is denying that mate.

However that shouldn't mean valid questions are ignored now.

Read what I say. Of course TBK are the only non-liquidation choice left - the realistic option for the majority of bears. But there remains a lot of work to be done and we know next to nothing about them or their plans.

The fan groups think they are capable. I'm delighted by that.

But show us why they're credible. Do that and they'll romp to victory. Do not and doubts will remain.

Simples.

At this point, Frankie, I'd venture a guess that they can't.