Rescue plan! Kennedy and Knights move to hijack Miller's takeover of Rangers

Brian Kennedy and the Blue Knights are working together to scupper controversial American Bill Miller's bid for Rangers - and have been given until Monday to come up with a rescue package.

Increasingly desperate administrators Duff & Phelps last night warned that, without an alternative on the table, they will have no choice but to name Miller as preferred bidder on Monday.

His convoluted plans to duck £100million-plus of debt would put Rangers on a direct collision course with Scotland's football authorities as they grapple with new rules on financial fair play.

But Duff & Phelps representative Paul Clark confirmed that the club faces running out of money in a matter of weeks, making an imminent sale vital if liquidation is to be avoided.

Insisting they will proceed with Miller 'if no further and better bid comes along', Clark - who admitted that completing a deal by the end of the season now seems unlikely - also said that talks with former Rangers director Paul Murray's Blue Knights consortium would continue over the weekend.

And the chances of the home-grown bid trumping the transatlantic takeover appeared to have strengthened with the late conversion of rugby magnate Kennedy.

He told Sportsmail: 'I have been speaking extensively with Paul (Murray) to try to find a solution.'

Asked how that might work, the Sale Sharks owner - who has always insisted he wouldn't work in a consortium - added: 'We are working at that.'

Sportsmail understands that Kennedy has been in talks with Ticketus and the London-based firm's involvement would be an important lever in persuading disgraced former owner Craig Whyte to part with his shareholding.

Clark warned: 'Without season-ticket sales, the money would run out towards the end of May or early June. From that point of view, we really do need to proceed with one of these bids.

Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2132974/Brian-Kennedy-Blue-Knights-hijack-Bill-Millers-takeover-Rangers.html

The only thing I have been certain of since TBK "withdrew" was that they hadn't withdrawn at all.

I love the game of poker and play regularly. Part of the game is reading a bluff. I'm not a great poker player but their bluff was so obvious I'm surprised anyone even considered it as genuine.

Don't get me wrong, I would be happy with TBK taking over as they will not go down the liquidation route, but I have been far from impressed with the way they have handled this, admittedly very difficult and complicated, situation.

Bill ng had his chance to call the bluff of TBK when they played their withdrawal card, but they messed up too and now probably will lose out on their chance, although I am expecting more developments from them before Monday as they give their final effort to get over the line.

If TBK pay up on Monday and get PB status, what will have changed between now and last Monday. Nothing material, just more posturing and another week of stress and heartache for us fans, and the players and staff at the club.

Stop playing a poor game of poker, get your money out and get this deal completed NOW. You are getting a bargain, just get on with it now.

CW needs to be paid, simple as that. It’s how much he gets obviously

Agree mate, i think alot of this could have been avoided if TBK or whoever had just made him an offer. CW was always going to get money for his shares, it should have been done day 1 and we could have new owners by now.