Mate, I don't know all the information I'm afraid.

However, what I do know is that the A-P bid (like TBK) didn't agree with the exclusivity fee (there's no advantage to paying it). Moreover, it's clear that Ticketus and D&P are inefficient in their dealings. Add in the lack of clarity about Whyte's shareholding then this isn't a case of any bid unravelling, walking away or being discredited but merely a difficult period of negotiation to maximise the chances of success for any one deal.

It's a shame that Kennedy (or others) want to try and discredit others when he knows as well as anyone else the challenges in completing any deal.

I havent seen anything that suggests the A-P bid is unravelling, but as youve mentioned it twice now I am assuming todays papers are taking this stance. I also didnt think Kennedy was discrediting the A-P bid, just that we wanted TBK to succeed. Frankly, if he wanted them to succeed so much he could have joined them, put his cash into the pot and that could have ensured a successful outcome.

I agree with you regarding the £500K fee, and all talk of this suggests D&P are at it with the rules concerning this not being the normal way forward (usually you cand educt it from the final payment at the conclusion).

I agree both Ticketus and D&P are inefficient, but the shareholding of Whyte has been unchanged for quite some time, so if the A-P bid (and others for that matter) was put in last week, as soon as the BK bid was withdrawn, I cannot see why A-P were not named immediately unless D&P really dont like their bid at all.

I havent seen anything that suggests the A-P bid is unravelling, but as youve mentioned it twice now I am assuming todays papers are taking this stance. I also didnt think Kennedy was discrediting the A-P bid, just that we wanted TBK to succeed. Frankly, if he wanted them to succeed so much he could have joined them, put his cash into the pot and that could have ensured a successful outcome.

I agree with you regarding the £500K fee, and all talk of this suggests D&P are at it with the rules concerning this not being the normal way forward (usually you cand educt it from the final payment at the conclusion).

I agree both Ticketus and D&P are inefficient, but the shareholding of Whyte has been unchanged for quite some time, so if the A-P bid (and others for that matter) was put in last week, as soon as the BK bid was withdrawn, I cannot see why A-P were not named immediately unless D&P really dont like their bid at all.

D&P have said that the 500k is deductable from the final sale. The stumbling block appears to be the size of it bearing in mind that it is no guarantee of leading to a successful purchase. Kennedy has highlighted this perfectly.

Is that right Casey? I had read that the problem with it was that it was not deductable at the end and that was not common practice.

Surely if it is deductable and it is just the amount that is debatable (for all bidders it seems), then D&P have to reduce it or they wont get a deal at all.

Indeed. I find it amusing that Kennedy finds time to question the credibility of others when he has been deliberately mucking about for the last month.

IMHO, Kennedy views the TBK sort of ownership as the one that makes sense for Rangers. They, though, did not get their act together, and he said he would watch on for the time being. Now that TBK have pulled out (for whatever reason) he gets into the fray again, makes a decent enough offer to get a deal done at last ... and save the club from any more embarressment (to put it mildly). Once we are out of admin, he can easily step back and hand the reigns over to TBK. Right now, it is essential that a deal is being concluded quickly.

All that said, we do have to keep in mind that a massive and negative "big case" verdict may throw us into oblivion nonetheless. The press as much as we should ask these three judges about a verdict, and why there is such a lengthy hold-up. They too can easily whip up a deadline.

The Daily Record report today suggested it was unravelling and posters who are being fed info from other bidders are also suggesting this is the case. Not true.

Kennedy also said in the same article (and this time he was quoted directly) that he felt only two bids were credible - again not true.

The A-P bid may not have been named because, like TBK, they may not want to pay the exclusivity fee. I don't think any bidder thinks it's worth the cost because of the lack of conditions upon it as well as the fact any other bidder can make a new effort at the end of the 14 days.

It's all a bit frustrating and we're getting nowhere fast.

Is that right Casey? I had read that the problem with it was that it was not deductable at the end and that was not common practice.

Surely if it is deductable and it is just the amount that is debatable (for all bidders it seems), then D&P have to reduce it or they wont get a deal at all.

You would have thought so. Tne problem is that they will have budgeted for that money to see us through to the end of the season.

It's a shambles.

IMHO, Kennedy views the TBK sort of ownership as the one that makes sense for Rangers. They, though, did not get their act together, and he said he would watch on for the time being. Now that TBK have pulled out (for whatever reason) he gets into the fray again, makes a decent enough offer to get a deal done at last ... and save the club from any more embarressment (to put it mildly). Once we are out of admin, he can easily step back and hand the reigns over to TBK. Right now, it is essential that a deal is being concluded quickly.

All that said, we do have to keep in mind that a massive and negative "big case" verdict may throw us into oblivion nonetheless. The press as much as we should ask these three judges about a verdict, and why there is such a lengthy hold-up. They too can easily whip up a deadline.

That all sounds nice and rosy mate but back in the real world we have Ticketus and Whyte to deal with.

Agree about the FTT verdict - that announcement of that would be helpful and would perhaps show just who is contemplating liquidation and who isn't.

Edited by Frankie

You would have thought so. Tne problem is that they will have budgeted for that money to see us through to the end of the season.

It's a shambles.

Boss from RM suggests we will run out of money in 48 hours. That makes the exclusivity fee important so D&P may opt for anyone who pays just to get the money in - no matter the actual quality of the bid.

Boss from RM suggests we will run out of money in 48 hours. That makes the exclusivity fee important so D&P may opt for anyone who pays just to get the money in - no matter the actual quality of the bid.

But, but, but, they're answerable to the courts.........

How can that makes sense when we were told by the admins that thanks to the pay-cuts et al we can fulfill all games of the season? And said season does not end in 48 hours.

That all sounds nice and rosy mate but back in the real world we have Ticketus and Whyte to deal with.

Yep, and we have no clue how Kennedy will deal with them so far, have we?

On a sidenote, if the money runs out, any chance that BK just throws 1m at the admins to cover the costs? (Else his wife will ... )