The Alan Davies 'rant'

Bad of me not to state my own opinion!

Anyway, yes it has been blown out of proportion. I agree with what he said. He may not have termed it politely but he has a point.

I think it's a bit silly of the charity to refuse his donation if I'm honest.

What's he said?

Had a go at Liverpool fans for not wanting to play on the anniversary of Hillsborough, and not to be so touchy whenever it's mentioned, more or less. Used Rangers as an example of a club that can play a game of football on the anniversary of a disaster and still remember the people who died.

Needless to say the scousers weren't best pleased by this and got up on their morally offended high horse.

Davies then tried to apologise by making a donation of a grand to the Hillsborough appeal which they refused.

All in all a storm in a teacup.

Had a go at Liverpool fans for not wanting to play on the anniversary of Hillsborough, and not to be so touchy whenever it's mentioned, more or less. Used Rangers as an example of a club that can play a game of football on the anniversary of a disaster and still remember the people who died.

Needless to say the scousers weren't best pleased by this and got up on their morally offended high horse.

Davies then tried to apologise by making a donation of a grand to the Hillsborough appeal which they refused.

All in all a storm in a teacup.

What's wrong with that? Everyone knows it was a horrific accident but time moves on.

I wonder if he had used Juventus (Heysel) as an example instead (played 2003 CL Final v Milan) the reaction would have been different? We'll never know I suppose.

Edited by 54andcounting