Fans threaten boycott over liquidation fears

No one is asking you to love Leeds Utd they were just an example in a debate. If you are only going to debate with blinkers on for things happening around you then you will only see what you want to see and that certainly won't be the big picture.

But i've paid no attention to them, and don;t intend to, they play in a different country

Couldn't not go and support Rangers as has been said on here it's more than just a team, it's part of mine and my families life it's the first and last thing I talk to my kids about, its the only thing I fall out with the wife about (she has some queer ideas on team selection). I can't imagine not getting up on a Monday and not thinking how long is it till Saturday and the Rangers game. Rangers are part of my whole world without them a big part of me would die.

But i've paid no attention to them, and don;t intend to, they play in a different country

That's fair enough, but the situation is the same. The became a newco through liquidation but are still Leeds & their history remains intact.

I want a CVA in place but I'm comfortable knowing that any newco event would not result in losing 140 years history as Rangers football club, as an entity, would still exist regardless of the name of the company that owns the rights to the name. Although we would probably endure 140 years of abuse :D

That's fair enough, but the situation is the same. The became a newco through liquidation but are still Leeds & their history remains intact.

I want a CVA in place but I'm comfortable knowing that any newco event would not result in losing 140 years history as Rangers football club, as an entity, would still exist regardless of the name of the company that owns the rights to the name. Although we would probably endure 140 years of abuse :D

I know mate, my emotions and train of thought over this situation are all over the place, i change my mind every day. Lets hope i don't have to cross this bridge

The big difference between us and Leeds is European football.

Leeds were not in a qualifying position for Europe, far less the fortunes of the CL. We are, every season, likely to be in a position to qualify for the CL or EL and the money that goes with it.

A liquidation of RFC means an AUTOMATIC 3 year Euro competition ban.

Think what 3 years of no Euro football would do to our finances, the quality of player we could attract, and the outcome of the 3 years (and arguably more) SPL titles with us miles behind our biggest rivals.

No need to worry about our 54 titles, proud history etc, think of the above. Liquidation is not necessary. It might be financially better for a purchaser at this time, but it would be undeniably bad news for the club and the fans for the next few years.

This one point should be more than enough for all Rangers fans to agree with the "Show Liquidation the Red Card" display and thoughts behind it.

I'm sorry, but the admin team are the ones the protest is mainly aimed at IMO. They have been asked to ensure that the bidding groups are aware that the fans will not support any group that wants to give the club a 3 year Euro ban, and as D&P are the ones who will choose the preferred bidder status, this obviously is pointing this out to them as well.

Having just read the admin statement which calls for the red card protest to be called off, I am even more convinced in its importance. What I am guessing this means is that they may prevent the organisers from access to the grond to lay out the cards in advance.

I'm sorry, but the admin team are the ones the protest is mainly aimed at IMO. They have been asked to ensure that the bidding groups are aware that the fans will not support any group that wants to give the club a 3 year Euro ban, and as D&P are the ones who will choose the preferred bidder status, this obviously is pointing this out to them as well.

Having just read the admin statement which calls for the red card protest to be called off, I am even more convinced in its importance. What I am guessing this means is that they may prevent the organisers from access to the grond to lay out the cards in advance.

Just hand them out as we go in the turnstiles.