Administrators are taking too long says Brian Kennedy

From BBC Scotland

Brian Kennedy has told BBC Scotland he fears Rangers' administrators are taking too long in finding a buyer for the club.

The Sale Sharks owner made his offer for the club almost two weeks ago along with four others, and now wants Duff and Phelps to speed up the process.

"It's now time for them to crystalise the quality of the offers received and move forward," he said.

Duff and Phelps want a new owner in place by the summer.

Kennedy added: "We should be looking at moving forward with one party from early next week in order to formulate a CVA."

"There is much to do in order to get ready for the new season and getting the club out of administration as soon as possible is the only way to get things started.

"I'm in pretty much daily contact with the administrators but it's now time to make a choice and move the club forward."

Rangers' administrator aims to have new owners in place by the end of the season after receiving a fifth bid for the club.

Duff and Phelps has received an offer from a Singapore-based consortium.

Kennedy, former Rangers director Paul Murray's Blue Knights consortium, United States-based Club 9 Sports and a UK-based consortium had already indicated their interest before the latest approach from Singapore

Edited by Frankie

Always thought this i dont really want to buy Rangers was a front. I think he will buy the club.

I don't think he's any more of a favourite than anyone else at the moment.

Although I am hearing the Blue Knights bid is continuing to have planning issues.

Always thought this i dont really want to buy Rangers was a front. I think he will buy the club.

"I'm in pretty much daily contact with the administrators but it's now time to make a choice and move the club forward."

Certainly doesn't sound like some that's none too bothered about having the winning bid.....